Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: Incoming Items from Shea

This sign was offered thru the premier club for $75.

The ketchup and mustard holders offered thru the premier club for $125.

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
      • Nov 2005

I noticed that in the auction description for the holder and sign it states each item is one of a kind. No wonder the bids are higher. Now anyone in their right mind would know there are much more than one ketchup holder in the Stadium.

This is truly misleading and may be leading to the higher bids in my opinion.

David
      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• ckesten
        • Oct 2008

After pleading with my wife since they announced the seat sale, I just ordered the Green seats...where my father used to have season tickets

very excited... will go great with my grass from the 86 pennant.

Comment

• BarryMeisel
          • Jan 1970

David,

I think you took the one-of-a-kind clause out of context.

This is the ketchup and mustard holder description:

"This item hung in Shea Stadium during the 2008 season, the Mets' final season at Shea. This ketchup and mustard holder was located at the Midtown Express on the Mezzanine level on the third base side."

I don't think anybody would reasonably conclude that this is the only ketchup and mustard holder. What you are referring to, and what I believe you took out of context in my opinion, is the disclaimer phrase after the auction, a phrase which is listed after every auction item.

"Each item is one-of-a-kind, as is, as it stands in Shea. If for any reason your item is unable to be removed from Shea, or inadvertently destroyed during dismantling, you will receive a full refund."

This disclaimer is to remind bidders that in the event any individual item, like this ketchup and mustard holder, is damaged/destroyed or unable to be retrieved, the winning bidder will get a full refund. Of course, in the case of a ketchup and mustard holder, we could offer a winning bidder another one (if available) in the event this item got damaged or destroyed. But in cases where there is only one item (like the huge Dunkin Donuts cup in the LF bullpen), if that item were to be damaged or destroyed, there would be no way to replace it.

That was the purpose of the clause.
          Thanks for your understanding.

Barry

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BarryMeisel
            David,

I think you took the one-of-a-kind clause out of context.

This is the ketchup and mustard holder description:

"This item hung in Shea Stadium during the 2008 season, the Mets' final season at Shea. This ketchup and mustard holder was located at the Midtown Express on the Mezzanine level on the third base side."

I don't think anybody would reasonably conclude that this is the only ketchup and mustard holder. What you are referring to, and what I believe you took out of context in my opinion, is the disclaimer phrase after the auction, a phrase which is listed after every auction item.

"Each item is one-of-a-kind, as is, as it stands in Shea. If for any reason your item is unable to be removed from Shea, or inadvertently destroyed during dismantling, you will receive a full refund."

This disclaimer is to remind bidders that in the event any individual item, like this ketchup and mustard holder, is damaged/destroyed or unable to be retrieved, the winning bidder will get a full refund. Of course, in the case of a ketchup and mustard holder, we could offer a winning bidder another one (if available) in the event this item got damaged or destroyed. But in cases where there is only one item (like the huge Dunkin Donuts cup in the LF bullpen), if that item were to be damaged or destroyed, there would be no way to replace it.

That was the purpose of the clause.
            Thanks for your understanding.

Barry
            Barry,

Thanks for the clarification. If you put it into that context with the disclaimer then yes it can be said it is one of a kind be virture that it was the only one at that location.

That said, I picked up my ketchup/mustard holder yesterday and though it had the MLB holgram, which by the way I cannot find yet on the MLB site, it did not have the sticker which indicated which part of the ball park it came from. Most of my other items have an additional white sticker which printed the location the item was taken from (ie 1st base side).

When the MLB site is updated with the Shea holograms will I expect to see this info in the description too?

Thanks,

-David
            metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• metsbats
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ckesten
              After pleading with my wife since they announced the seat sale, I just ordered the Green seats...where my father used to have season tickets

Ckesten,

Congrats on the pickup.

You need to go out and buy your wife a nice gift before the seats arrive.

Believe me it works.

-David
              metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• MRMusial
                • Apr 2008

Congrats, ckesten, on a nice pickup!

I gave my wife a few years heads-ups - as soon as they announced the new stadium - that'd be buying one regardless of the price but haven't told her what they cost. All she needed to know was that they were ordered and paid for.

Her reply, "I don't think I want to know."

Comment

• ckesten
                  • Oct 2008

So were does everyone plan on displaying their shea memorabila..

i dont know what to do with my seats yet...considering my wife said i can have them but they aren't allowed in our home because she thinks they are ugly!

Comment

• BarryMeisel
                    • Jan 1970

David,

MLB Authenticated reps have been working hard at Shea every day during this 15-day removal period, but I do not know how much information will be recorded when it is logged in the database.

I do know there is plenty to be logged by them.

Regards, Barry

Comment

• metsbats
                      • Nov 2005

Barry,

I'm hoping they include the location of where the item was so that the one of kind based on location which was marketed to buyers is confirmed in the authenication.

The fact that some of my items did come with a sticker indicating location is a good sign.

We'll wait to see what the site will eventually reflect.

Thanks
                      -David
                      metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• metsbats
                        • Nov 2005

Ckesten,

Please show your wife where I plan on permanently displaying my backstop panel. The first thing I thought about when I saw them was "headboard!"

It may help getting your seats into your house.

David
                        Attached Files
                        metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• ckesten
                          • Oct 2008

that is hilarious!!

Comment

• ckesten
                            • Oct 2008

Hey guys,

2 Questions

Why are the Mets taking apart the seats just to put that back together again. In many pictures you see they are taking off the backs and piling them up.

Also, when will more items be added to mets.com

A point I'd like to make and I bet a lot of people agree with me is why are they stripping the paint off of the arms and repainting them for indoor use. I'd much rather them be real..the way they are.

Does anyone know if the seats will be able to sit up by itself or does it have to be nailed in somewhere? This may be a dumb question. I just want to know if it can just stand up by itself so it can be sit in.

thanks

Comment

• metsbats
                              • Nov 2005

Hey guys,

2 Questions

Why are the Mets taking apart the seats just to put that back together again. In many pictures you see they are taking off the backs and piling them up.

Also, when will more items be added to mets.com

A point I'd like to make and I bet a lot of people agree with me is why are they stripping the paint off of the arms and repainting them for indoor use. I'd much rather them be real..the way they are.

Does anyone know if the seats will be able to sit up by itself or does it have to be nailed in somewhere? This may be a dumb question. I just want to know if it can just stand up by itself so it can be sit in.

thanks
                              I believe the seats you are seeing piled up are every 3rd seat. For every pair of seats the 3rd seat in the row has to be dismantled. They probably will use the seat backs or bottoms to sell autographed by players.

The first set of items end 10/31 on the Mets auction site. At the end of each auction period new items will be added up until the opening of the 2009 season.

If you brought the free standing orange seats they of course will stand by themselves. The blue, green, red seats which were attached to concrete will have bracketed stands attached so they will also be able to stand.

David
                              metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• ckesten
                                • Oct 2008

very knowledgable... I got the green seats... how do you think theyll look with the piece to have them stand up straight? Hope this doesn't make it a complete eye saw

Comment

Working...