Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Zanebats on eBay

For what's it's worth I've noticed the following over the years. Zanebats has himself purchased bats on ebay as well as selling(check feedback). So-in his inventory he has bats from the same decent enough sellers that we also bid from. There are(albeit buyer beware)very good items for sale on ebay and everyone has their eyes open for good game used items when replenishing their supply for future sale. Zanebats is on my "favorites" list on AOL even though he is currently selling Tommie Agee autographed cards signed 'Tommy" instead of "Tommie"(I'll get to the bottom of this mystery yet). Has anyone ever witnessed Agee signing "Tommy"? I'm beginning to think it may have happened early on.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tommie-Agee-Au...QQcmdZViewItem

Nobody would take the time to copy his signature that well and then make such a glaring spelling error. That's how Tommy (Tommie) signed it.

I've dealt w/ Zane Burns many times over the last 14 years. He has been a SCD advertiser and I have save many of his ads from SCD in my collection. Yes I collect GU baseball bat advertisements (from BPH, Zane Burns, John Taube, etc) and they come in handy when I wanted to see what the prices of a particular player's bats were years ago. I have several great bats I acquired from Zane in my collection include a 76 Gary Carter Bicent. bat w/ tons of use and a 86 Mets Black WS bat. I've alway found Zane to be honest and up front to deal with.

David Louie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yankwood
    Nobody would take the time to copy his signature that well and then make such a glaring spelling error. That's how Tommy (Tommie) signed it.
    Not that is matters, but how do you know?

Back in the day that card was made, the player may have not signed his mail, the ball boy may have. Also, think about your name - How many times do you mis-spell it?

Now, did they try to change Tommie's name, sort of like David Ortiz changed his name to be more popular with the kiddies?

Well, I don't really know, but my logic tells me if I practiced long and hard to copy, say, Babe Ruth's signature, for instance, I would then not be so sloppy as to sign it "Baby" Ruth. I mean, we probably should give a forger some credit. Whatever-maybe I'm wrong, but I keep coming back to this logic thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yankwood
    Well, I don't really know, but my logic tells me if I practiced long and hard to copy, say, Babe Ruth's signature, for instance, I would then not be so sloppy as to sign it "Baby" Ruth. I mean, we probably should give a forger some credit. Whatever-maybe I'm wrong, but I keep coming back to this logic thing.
    Ok, so you are stating it is logical that a guy has had the same name since the day he was born suddenley expirments with spelling his name a diffrent way?

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Ok, so you are stating it is logical that a guy has had the same name since the day he was born suddenley expirments with spelling his name a diffrent way?

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Joel
    Absolutely. In my younger days I was Yank Wood. Now I'm just plain old Yankwood.

Banned

I could think of a few jokes to reply to this one, but I will pass.

For some reason Beavis and Butthead popped into my head when I read your last reply.

What about Lee Roy Selmon? That's his given name, but when he started in school it was LeRoy, then that became Leroy...it wasn't until he got to Oklahoma that it reverted back to the original name of Lee Roy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan
    What about Lee Roy Selmon? That's his given name, but when he started in school it was LeRoy, then that became Leroy...it wasn't until he got to Oklahoma that it reverted back to the original name of Lee Roy.
    Who?