Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Zanebats on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Who?
    What do you mean, who? You young punks. Lee Roy Selmon was one of three brothers who played for Oklahoma in the 70's. Leroy, Lucious and Dewey Selmon. I believe LeRoy and Lucious both played in the NFL but Le Roy was the real standout. There, I also spelled LeeRoy 4 different ways in this post.

Nathan-You can consider then buying a Lee Roy,LeRoy,or leroy Selmon autograph but if you saw a "Leroye" Selmon signature all of a sudden I'm sure it would get your attention as did this Agee variation got mine. Nothing has "Tommy" Agee on it except all this stuff seen in the last four months. And yes,as pointed out,the signature in question looks good but his signature is fairly easy to forge(Agee's break in his surname, Ag- ee, not being continous, is a gift to forgers). I'm still not being close-minded about this because I asked, did anybody ever see him sign this way,maybe he did so briefly. But why have I only seen this lately?
    Yankwood-You mentioned how forgers going through all this effort wouldn't tend to be sloppy and misspell but I've seen people list on ebay a good Tommie Agee item(see below) and list it and describe it as "Tommy",not realizing the mistake that the common spelling is not used. I wouldn't think going through with the effort needed to list an item they would make that error but they did. Anyway the point being let's be aware of this and as far as Zanebats is concerned he's a valuable source for G/U bats. I bought from him before and view all his new listings.
    Robert
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Sports-Baseb...QQcmdZViewItem

The 5/31/08-6/9/08 exchange regarding Zane Burns' shipping error has been deleted. Zane was out of town and unable to respond immediately, and is correcting the error. Several other topics were brought up within the exchange, so if you wish to continue those discussions, please start a new thread. This one will be locked after this post.

Thanks,

Rob