Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Zanebats on eBay

Does anyone know anything about this guy? He sells quite a few items on eBay and has a tremendous amount of positive feedback, but (*RE-WRITTEN BY MODERATOR TO REMOVE STATEMENT NOT BACKED UP BY PROOF*)- I HAVE A QUESTION. If a game model bat hits the rack, is it now technically considered game used? I also realize that the amount of use can influence the value. I was just curious why a majority of the bats that he sells are very "clean".

Banned

Re: Zanebats on eBay

Did you email the seller to ask him your questions?

Banned

Zane has been around for a long time. He is knowledgable about bats but some items I have seen offered by him in the past have had "light use" that appear to me to be "really really light use." IMO. - Kevin

You should address Zane personally if you have specific questions about the items he is selling and his criteria for "game used." He is good about answering emails in a timely manner.
    Eric

Friends,

Eric brings up a great point. Always ask the questions before you start bidding.

I once asked Mr. Burns about a bat, and what he meant by light game on this particular item, and he honestly replied, " basically from the rack".

I respect the honesty, as it makes for a happy seller and a happy bidder when you understand what your bidding on.

My best to all,
    Den

Agreed. Ask questions on any questionable items before you bid. Most sellers are good about responding in a timely manner. However, if they don't respond, it's a no-go for me. It's not good business-sense if you're trying to sell an item (eBay or not) and don't take the time to answer any inquiries.

I realize some of Zane's bats are advertised as "rack bats," but if you are comfortable with that, and you have already contacted him, then go for it.

That being said, I've purchased from Zane before. Most recently, I picked up a Steve Garvey 71-79 H&B gamer that had some key signatures from the '78 squad. This bat had Garvey's #6 on the knob and some hit marks on the barrel. I collect Garvey, but was especially interested in this bat because of the signatures (including Johnny Oates, who has since passed away). Even if it was just a game-issued Garvey, I would have bid because of the signatures.

It makes for a stronger post when you're able to include what his response was (to your question).

Good honest dealer. Quickly delivers what he promises. Offers tons of good inventory (I wonder how he gets so much!).

By the way, I spoke to Zane over email. He said if anyone has questions for him, he can be reached at zanebats@comcast.net

Thanks
    Eric

Greetings and thanks for the responses to my question. Very good advice given by all and I appreciate the responses for those of you that passed on your personal experiences with Mr. Burns. That was actually my sole intent. However, I should have been more careful in my choice of words. After re-reading my original post, the tone in which it may have read was not my original intent and I apologize for that.

I have purchased a few bats from Mr. Burns, and was pleased with the transactions. I did inquire about the details of a bat in which I did not purchase, as the e-mail reply I received simply stated, “I don’t Know”.

Mr. Burn’s customers from the eBay community obviously have a high degree of satisfaction. I figured some within this forum community would have had some dealings with him and I wondered what your opinions were. He lists many very desirable, hard-to-find bats, that I would consider purchasing if they showed more game use. That is just my personal preference.

However, this brings me to my next question and maybe a topic for a new thread. I am hesitant to purchase bats off of eBay, not because I believe they’re not legitimate, but because most lack traceability or information about origin. If the use characteristics are good, but the source or origin is that “I bought it off of eBay from a guy who says he got it from a clubhouse attendant”. How much will that affect the grade and overall value? If anyone would like to discuss this topic, let me know and I’ll post it as a new thread. Thanks!