Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Has anyone else encountered problems with BRICOL

I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered problems like I have recently with Bricol Sports Auctions. Unfortunately, I consigned a collection of items with them last March. Most of them sold in their next auction yet here I am 5-6 months later with no payment. They won't respond to my emails and when I've called, if they answered, I was lied to on two occasions with "check's in the mail" like statements. Today I called again and got the answering machine. I'm thinking I'm going to have to file some kind of legal action to get them to pay me. Have anyone else encountered this kind of thing with them? Are they still in business? --Steve

Re: Has anyone else encountered problems with BRICOL

Well, their next auction is set to run Nov. 13th, so I think they are very much still in business. Sounds like you're getting screwed around. Sorry to hear that.

Wow. This is interesting. I was at lunch last Thursday and I got a phone call from Brian on my cell phone. He asked me if I had anything to consign in an upcoming auction for Bricol. First of all, I don't remember giving a cell number to them, but I may have. Second, I was surprised they wouldn't just call my home phone and leave a message. I told him I really hadn't thought about consigning anything at this time. He told me he would email me some information and contact info. if I ever decided to. I never received the email. I just thought I'd share this as we now know how they do business.

Scott

Banned

I had one guy email me through ebay asking me to consign with BRICOL about 1 month ago. He left a number to call as well. I forwarded to ebay as spam.

I don't trust Brian Collard or his auction service at all.

In 2001 he had an auction and I was the high bidder on a 1954 Wilson Franks Ted Williams card, a Hideo Nomo Autographed Japanese League jersey and a "vintage" Joe Jackson bat. I ended up getting the Williams card for $309, which was a phenominal price since the card was worth at least 7-8 times that.

I received my invoice from them and called them the same day as I wanted to have the items shipped overnight so I could get them quicker. Well, it turns out that they just happened to have misplaced the Williams card as it could not be found anywhere. Brian got on the phone and said sorry there was nothing that could be done and if they were to find it they would contact me. Well, do you really think they found the card? He or the consigner just didn't like the price that the card sold for so it just happen to come up missing.

Well, I got the other items and the "vintage" Joe Jackson bat turned out to be a commemorative bat that was issued about two years prior to the auction. The Nomo jersey had a huge red stain all over the front. It looked like a cool-aid stain but nothing of the sort was ever mentioned in the auction ad.

Brian Collard is a thief in my book and I would love for him to come on here and try to explain what happened since he supposedly reads these threads.

Chris or the moderators, if you need more facts, it was BricolSports Auction #23, and my invoice was # 4426 so everything I am saying is pure fact and no speculation.

Todd Evans

I've just about always been happy with what I've bought from them, but about a year ago I won a "Sadaharu Oh signed ball." In the scan, it looked like any other baseball, but I assumed it was unofficial since nowhere in the description did it say ONL or OAL. When I got it, it turned out to be a squishy foam rubber ball, like you'd give to an infant. I immediately called and asked to return it, and I was berated by the office manager for 20 minutes for not being happy about it, and was told that it was worth far more than I paid for it, and I shouldn't assume it was even a baseball! I eventually got my money back, but Brian refuses to acknowledge the situation, which really bothers me.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Post Re: Has anyone else encountered problems with BRICOL

I have also had a bad experience with them and will never do business with them again.

Michael
    Ballofbases@Hotmail.com

Banned

I wonder how a company can run it's business like this and STILL actually be in business. Bloody rediculous.

Banned

I had an issue with Bricol a few years ago and I've never placed another bid nor have I ever consigned an item to them ever again.

The way it went for me was, they have a 10 minute rule. So, during my last auction, I had my eye on 2 items. I stayed up late and in the early AM hours, I placed a bid on one of the items I wanted. The computer took my bid and I was advised that I was the high bidder.

I then moved on to the 2nd item. In the short time it took me to get to the 2nd item, when I tried to place a bid, my bid WAS NOT accepted because the auction was over. I thought I had did something wrong so I tried to bid again and again, my bid was not accepted because the auction was over.

I immediately called BRICOL and as I was leaving a message on their machine, BRIAN got on the phone and tried to explain how their procedures worked. He refused to accept my phone bid and I lost the item.

The bottom line was/is, they had a 10-minute rule and they did not abide by their own rules. The way I saw it then is the same way I see it now - it's their loss not mine. I no longer consign to them nor will I ever bid with them again. Quite frankly, Brian probably feels that he doesn't need my business anyway so it's all good.

Jim

I was the winning bidder in one of Bricol's auctions. Mailed in payment of $600+ after receiving an invoice. Heard nothing for the longest time. Contacted Bricol's office via phone, and had a very difficult time getting Brian on the line. He did eventually speak to me with a profanity laden stream of words. Told me I was not the winning bidder. To this day, I have never received the jersey or a refund.