Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Auction robot

Jorge Posada Circa 2007 Nike Game Worn, Autographed Cleats (From Posada's Foundation)

Please note this item description has been updated with additional information.

Jorge Posada is considered one of the great New York Yankees catchers alongside of Bill Dickey, Yogi Berra, Elston Howard, and Thurman Munson. He is considered to be one of the best catchers in the Majors. He was drafted by the Yankees in the 24th round of the 1990 amateur draft, and made his major league debut in 1995. Following his career year in 2007 which saw a .338 batting average backed up with 20 home runs, injuries limited the five-time All Star to just 168 plate appearances in 2008. Posada was a member of the Yankee World Championship teams in 1996, 1998, 1999, and 2000.

These blue Nike cleats were worn by Jorge Posada during the 2007 season. Both cleats are Nike Zoom, show a good amount of dirt from use and are both signed by Posada. Both cleats are embroidered with "SADO" on the tongue. The tagging inside appears to be identical with the following:

Made in China
    317 027-41709 LN2
    Zoom 5 tool 2 PRO
    G59-H1 season H07 Size M13
    Promo Sample

The back of these cleats are embroidered with Posada's number 20 although the number '20' on the left cleat appears larger than the one on the right cleat (please see images). In addition, the left cleat does have a blue colored Nike soul that is somewhat padded. The right cleat is white inside as it appears to have no padded portion.

The consignor of these cleats purchased them in an auction package through Posada's foundation this year, although no LOA was provided.View Lot Detail page

Re: Jorge Posada Circa 2007 Nike Game Worn, Autographed Cleats (From Posada's Foundation)

Why are the cleats different? The number 20 is different sizes on each.

Re: Jorge Posada Circa 2007 Nike Game Worn, Autographed Cleats (From Posada's Foundation)

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Why are the cleats different? The number 20 is different sizes on each.
    Hello Jim,

I will check to see if I can get some more information on the cleats.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Thanks Chris. I was hoping that it wasnt just my eyesight, or my computer playing tricks on me. The numbers sure do look to be different sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Thanks Chris. I was hoping that it wasnt just my eyesight, or my computer playing tricks on me. The numbers sure do look to be different sizes.
    Actually, I think your eyes are fine. I love the "Enlarge Image" feature with our photos. If you click on it you can really see all the details and know exactly what you are getting.

The numbers do appear to be different sizes. The cleats were actually purchased by the consignor through the Posada Foundation so we are going to see if we can get some more perspective on them.
    Christopher Cavalier

You guys should be complimented on the photography. The images are huge and crystal clear.

Here's a good pic of the back of Posada's cleats in 2007........the numbers appear to be the same size. I couldn't find a style-match one of the numbers being shorter than the other.

Its quite possible that they are most likely a mismatched pair and they should check the interior tagging to see if there are any differences.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Its quite possible that they are most likely a mismatched pair and they should check the interior tagging to see if there are any differences.
    my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    I checked the Posada cleats and here is what I found:

Both cleats are Nike Zoom, have a lot of dirt on them and are both signed by Posada. Both cleats have "Sado" on the tongue. The tagging inside appears to be identical with the following:

Made in China
    317 027-41709 LN2
    Zoom 5 tool 2 PRO
    G59-H1 season H07 Size M13
    Promo Sample

The left shoe does have a blue colored Nike soul that is somewhat padded. The right cleat is white inside as it appears the padded portion has been removed (not sure why).

The shoes are certainly the same brand and the inside tagging appears identical. The main differences are the numbers on the back of the shoe and the fact that the inside padding on the right shoe appears to have been removed. We did check with the consignor and he confirmed that is how he received them from the Posada Foundation. I will modify the description to make sure any potential bidders will have all the information we have.
    Christopher Cavalier