Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Why is Arod really hate by so many people?

Against my better judgement, I actually watched the Yankees/Angels game on Sunday (which actually turned out to be a fun game to watch), but again I heard that A-Rod's average this season with 'Runners in Scoring Position' was in the .230's...he then hit a ball to Figgins which should have been an inning ending DP (bases were loaded) but Figgins booted it and was charged with an error

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Against my better judgement, I actually watched the Yankees/Angels game on Sunday (which actually turned out to be a fun game to watch), but again I heard that A-Rod's average this season with 'Runners in Scoring Position' was in the .230's...he then hit a ball to Figgins which should have been an inning ending DP (bases were loaded) but Figgins booted it and was charged with an error
    its .245 right now with a career .303 RISP. Jeters is .299 right now with a career .311 RISP
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

ARod is the new Roger Maris, a good non-homegrown player. Until he get a championship ARod will not be fully accepted by the Yankee fans. So is CC or Sheets coming to the Yankees?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I find it odd how a player like arod with his ability can't come through in the clutch.

His numbers each year are always great. But what good does that do for your team winning a championship, if you can't come through when it really matters?

Even as big of a Arod fan that I am, I'm kinda getting bored with just him doing his thing during the year. The talent he has, and the number of years he's been playing, he should be doing his thing in the post season (well, not this year of course)

I think there are probably alot of guys that have difficulty in the clutch, but put up great numbers. Current example is Thome. He came thru last night, but up til then he was suffering a horrid end to the year.

Arod's numbers in clutch and coming off as cocky to many are probably culprits in his issues with popularity...

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Arod's numbers in clutch and coming off as cocky to many are probably culprits in his issues with popularity...
    I somewhat agree. I don't see the cockiness in him, however, I do see him always trying to say the right things, and he comes off being fake about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I somewhat agree. I don't see the cockiness in him, however, I do see him always trying to say the right things, and he comes off being fake about it.
    Was wondering if you'd met him, how was he?

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Was wondering if you'd met him, how was he?
    Never had the opportunity to meet him. Would be something I would look forward too.

Arod's hated for many reasons. I think most of it is jealousy. You can't argue with his workout habits. You can't argue with his intense play on the field. You can't argue with his numbers year after year. You can argue his post season play. The money he makes...who cares. If we all had the opportunity to get paid like that, we would have no problem.

Looking forward to next years. Bye bye Giambi and Abreu

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post

Looking forward to next years. Bye bye Giambi and Abreu
    Hope they keep both. Cano and Melky underperformed.

If they trade any of them for pitching i am for it.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com