Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Anyone own any Gomez Game-Used Snot?

While watching USC go down tonight I was flipping to the Twin-Sox game during comercials. As Gomez steps up to the plate, he stops and runs his bat under his nose holding both ends of the bat like he was testing a Cuban cigar for quality. I don't collect MLB, but if your a Gomez collector looking to verify that your bat is actually game-used, check it for a snot streak across the barrel!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Re: Anyone own any Gomez Game-Used Snot?

Years ago, I got some bats from Sports Warehouse on eBay, and one of them was wrong - instead of the bat I'd won, it was a bat that was marked "BOOGER MUNOZ".

At the time, I was getting my bats delivered to my work address, so I stepped out into the main office with this bat in my hands and said, "Who the hell is Booger Munoz?"

The OP of this thread reminded me of that, because there was what appeared to be a lot of dried pine tar on the bat, and some of my coworkers were speculating on exactly what it was, and how "Booger" had gotten his nickname.

Of course, I've since found out who "Booger" was - had a couple of really good years with Minnesota, I guess - but I still don't know how he got the nickname. The best part is, Sports Warehouse told me to just keep the bat as a freebie. I even have a small collection of twenty or so Munoz cards on my office wall as a tribute to the man.

I have a "snow white" rookie home jersey of Carlos Gomez. Thankfully no snot stains. Given the color of my jersey, they would be quite obvious!

I always call my son booger because when he was born, he came shooting out like a booger