Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PETE MARAVICH Game Used Jersey

Do you think this card was really used by Maravich? When did they start putting the NBA logo on uniform or warm ups. Im just wondering

http://cgi.ebay.com/PETE-MARAVICH-NB...2em118Q2el1247

Jojo

Re: PETE MARAVICH Game Used Jersey

it says....

"certified to us as having been used in an NBA game"

certified by who?

what NBA game?

not by Pistol Pete, thats fo sho!

I wouldn't pay $9.99 for that.

Even on the cards that supposedly have a piece of the jersey worn by the player on the card...I'm not buying it. I went back and forth with UDA via email, trying to get them to show me a photo of the jersey that was used for a certain card. Seems they have no record of that. Yeah, right.

If there is enough interest shown, I'll cut up my Reebok retail James Harrison jersey which is "certified as having been worn to an NFL game." It's a 1/1 ya know.

I've sent a e.mail to the seller regarding the year the NBA logo appears for the first time on NBA game used jersey.
    This is the answer i received from the seller
    "
    Thanks for the info but Upper deck says it is real and I go with what upper deck says. It was pulled in our shop so I have no doubt in the authenticity.

- bookoocomix

"

I think 86-87 was the first year with the NBA logos on the jersey.

Banned

Yep. No logos until the 1986-87 season.
    Greg

The logoman looks like it came from a jersey tag from today's players

Jojo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND33 View Post
    I've sent a e.mail to the seller regarding the year the NBA logo appears for the first time on NBA game used jersey.
    This is the answer i received from the seller
    "
    Thanks for the info but Upper deck says it is real and I go with what upper deck says. It was pulled in our shop so I have no doubt in the authenticity.

- bookoocomix

"
    I don't think the seller or owner of a 1 of 1 "game used" jersey card is responsible for the authenticity of the swatch on the card. I cannot believe Upper Deck will not elaborate on this issue since it appears they have made a monstrous mistake.

It appears that Upper Deck is trying a little trickery with their wording on the back of the card. They state that the swatches on the front of the card were used in an NBA game, which could mean they were used in any recent NBA game and not Pistol Petes. Upper Deck makes it look like your getting a game used card worn by Pistol Pete when your really only getting a card with newer swatches with just a picture of Maravich on it.

Upper Deck would counter that they did not state that those pieces were used by Maravich but only to have been used in an NBA game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rose14 View Post
    It appears that Upper Deck is trying a little trickery with their wording on the back of the card. They state that the swatches on the front of the card were used in an NBA game, which could mean they were used in any recent NBA game and not Pistol Petes. Upper Deck makes it look like your getting a game used card worn by Pistol Pete when your really only getting a card with newer swatches with just a picture of Maravich on it.

Upper Deck would counter that they did not state that those pieces were used by Maravich but only to have been used in an NBA game.
    A friend called me with two questions about this card:

1. Was the card pulled from the pack with this logo or could the logo have been added on later by someone who pulled this card from a pack?

2. Was there not such logos used on warm-up equipment such as pants, warm-up jerseys or even regular shorts? Can someone for sure state that these logos didn't appear on these items also until modern-day?