Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Consider this bat to be photo-matched? Opinions?

Wow, what a day. Financial nightmare and time in a dentist's chair. Good night to get engrossed in a hobby. Hope everyone keeps their jobs.
    Anyhoo, do you guys consider this bat to be a photomatch? I think it is the same bat, there's several things that match, the dot near the knob, some pine tar near the knob, the grains on the barrel in relation to the stampings, a ballmark on the barrel, BUT he loaded it up with pine tar again after this photo was taken so that doesn't match. So I can't decide if this should be called a photo-matched bat or not.
    The photo is from the playoffs and this is an uncracked bat he left behind after the season so that checks out too.
    By the way, the rosin you see on the bat in the photo of him at the plate, is under the new coat of pinetar on my bat, so that is there too, just covered up mostly now by pine tar.
    Consider this bat photomatched or not?
    Thanks for opinions.

ML
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Re: Consider this bat to be photo-matched? Opinions?

PS, sorry for the big photos, I thought I re-sized them all. I guess not.

Its a match....everything that remains on the bat matches up.

I'm not Kyle, but it looks like a match too me.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Is it me or does the pine tar in the game photo have dust or dirt on it, but the pine tar on e bat in a still shot is just straight tar. Couldn't be a match right? Still a nice bat though...b

Doug might have put some fresh pine tar on it after the photo was taken, so it could still be a match. No?

Interested In Selling It????????????
    henmick44@optonline.net

Yeah, that's what I mean. He loaded it up with pine tar again so that has changed on the bat since the photo. As I said, you can see the white rosin under the new pine tar on the actual bat now.

There's also another good blue ballmark on the bat barrel since the photo so he used it after the photo was taken for sure.

But that is the crux of my question, and maybe it is more philosophical than physical: If a bat has changed since a photo (changes made by the player's use) do you still consider if a photo-match?
    Thanks guys.

Mike

Mike, if you can still ID the bat with the photo, then yes, it is a match. I guess I look at this as a forensic exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Number9 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I mean. He loaded it up with pine tar again so that has changed on the bat since the photo. As I said, you can see the white rosin under the new pine tar on the actual bat now.

There's also another good blue ballmark on the bat barrel since the photo so he used it after the photo was taken for sure.

But that is the crux of my question, and maybe it is more philosophical than physical: If a bat has changed since a photo (changes made by the player's use) do you still consider if a photo-match?
    Thanks guys.

Mike

good question. there seems to be permanent marks on the bat that would seem to be a match. but is it now a photo match.

if you have a photo matched bat and your son accidentally uses for batting practice in the backyard, is it still a photomatched bat?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.