Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Barry Bonds Issues

I am not posting anymore about the Grey Flannel debate as I made my last post earlier in the day, but 33Bird has called me out on Barry Bonds.

I never once said Barry didn't juice. I did say that he must be found guilty without a doubt, and even then he wasn't breaking the rules of Major League Baseball at the time.

If you asked if I though Barry Bonds ever juiced, I would say "yes" but that doesn't mean he was breaking the rules of the sport at the time.

Put me down however you wish, but don't twist my words, please.

Re: Barry Bonds Issues

If Barry Bonds wasn't breaking a baseball rule, does this free him from wrong? I mean, wasn't he breaking a law? Isn't taking steroids not prescribed by a doctor against the law? Maybe I misunderstand.

Banned

Re: cool...

Cool. No problem there then. Who cares about it being illegal in baseball-It's been ILLEGAL IN THE US since 1991. He's a cheater and liar. Just look at his numbers pre and post steroid use and there is no question that they enhanced his game immensely. It would taint the HOF if they put him in-just as if they put in Pete Rose. But gambling didn't make Rose a better player than everybody else around him, so I'll give the nod to Rose before Bonds. It's not fair to those who didn't cheat and have records. It's not fair to Aaron and Ruth and Maris, etc. Those guys didn't get better when they turned 35 years old-they got steadily worse. Put on em' steroids at age 35 and they would've have kicked ass like Bonds for another 5+years. If it wasn't illegal in baseball (which is wasn't) then why hide it and lie about it? Why not just say I'm using Roids and too bad for you? Because just as in the olympics and football and other sports where it was illegal-if everybody knew you were using you'd would be called a fraud and a cheat and a loser.The only reason it wasn't illegal in baseball is that they didn't think it would ever be a problem in their sport-and really wasn't until the mid to late 80s when Mr. Jose Canseco showed up. Bonds is a cheater and jerk in most everybody's opinion and though a great player and hof thru 1998-he ruined that by juicing from 1999 on. See ya.
    G

Banned

Well, in Trsent's opinion the laws of baseball supersede the laws of our own land. Whatever--I'm not trying to be rude, but I just can't fathom your reasoning at all on many of your posts.
    G

Hi,

I am a huge Bonds fan and I have been so since I was 8. So I have to agree with trsent. Yes he did break the rules (If he did do it!!!) of the land, so punish him for that. Not in the game of baseball. They weren't illegal in the game during that time. Finally, the only way I will believe he took them is if he fails a grug test. Go Barry and go Giants!!!!

I'm sure there's nothing in the rules about murder either so is that alright too?

Banned

The only people (and they are getting fewer all the time) that defend Bonds are the Die-Hard Bond's fans that are still around. The thing is, he probably could commit murder or rape someone, and guess what? Nothing against it in the rules of baseball land, so he's still a HOF, but go ahead and put him in jail. Geez people.
    G

You can't compare murder to steriods.

In the 1930's, anabolic steroids were found to increase muscle mass so these drugs didn't just appear on the scene in the past 10 to 15 years.

In 1956, Dianabol (Methandrostenolone) was first marketed in the
    United States legally, clearing the way for the use of anabolics by U. S.
    athletes. Steroids were the rage in the 70's amongst bodybuilders and powerlifters and were used by many football players.

We can probably say with 100% certainty that Babe Ruth wasn't on steroids.

I don't think we can say that with certainty about any other HR hitter since 1956. So for everyone that wants to point fingers, I for one never would have suspected Palmeiro given his body shape.

So lets remember innocent until proven guilty and anything else is pure speculation.

Mark McGwire hit 49 HRs as a skinny rookie. Even Canseco said he was not doing 'roids back then.

Out of all the 500 HR club, only Palmeiro ever tested Positive.

Banned

That's bunk and you know it. I guess OJ was innocent? Just because they were hardly ever tested or had the know how to hide (which bonds did) the steroids from showing up in tests, doesn't mean they were innocent. I don't have a problem with Big Mac hitting 49 roid free. I do have a problem with him hitting 21 more than that on the juice. His nonconfession did him in. Sosa forgot how to speak English. Palmerio lied his A-- off. Bonds is no different. FBI documents, voice recorded tapes, friends, nonfriends, girlfriends, exteammates, 15 pounds of muscle in one summer, blah, blah, blah, blah-I could go on forever. Get your head out of the sand son. A rose is a rose is a rose. See ya.
    Birdie