Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bat Display ideas

I am looking for different ideas on how to display bats. There was one person on this site that had a great display but I can't seem to find the thread.

Thanks

Re: Bat Display ideas

I've got too many bats to really display all at once, so I built this out of grid panels, like they use in store displays. It keeps all the bats handy, and holds 512 in a 24 square foot space.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I've got too many bats to really display all at once, so I built this out of grid panels, like they use in store displays. It keeps all the bats handy, and holds 512 in a 24 square foot space.

oh my goodness.......no wonder there's no good bats left out there. YOU have them all!

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post

Godwulf - were you at the final dbacks game? Did Dunn actually get rid of some of his bats??

sweet display Godwulf!

where do you get those grid panels from?

here is some semi-recent pics of my collection, I don't have the space to display it right now, so my collection resides in a closet. There are a few new acquisitions not pictured.

Name:  currentcollectpics6.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  544.0 KB

Name:  currentcollectpics7.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  481.4 KB

Name:  currentcollectpics8.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  500.9 KB
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Camaro,
    Nice Rays stuff. Are you a Season Ticket holder ? I am looking for some tickets from this year against the Sox. Have any ? Lmk. I
    also have a signed plastic Rays license plate with a bunch of sigs from '99 . I know there is a Boggs, Vaughn. Not sure about the rest of the sigs. Interested ? Send me your email. I'll send some pics.
    Thanks,Roger
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Godwulf - were you at the final dbacks game? Did Dunn actually get rid of some of his bats??
    Yes, I was, and he didn't hand them out to the crowd, if that's what you mean.

I'd guess that he gave some to his teammates and the clubhouse guys and the bat boys...which, at least in the latter two cases, means that there's a good chance that at least some of them will be for sale in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    sweet display Godwulf!

where do you get those grid panels from?
    I found a Store Equipment store in my area...they sell both new and used store displays and materials, every kind of rack and shelf unit and case you can think of.

The panels are new and come in 4' x 4' and 2' x 4' sizes, in white (which I chose) or black or (I think) red. I built a box, basically, out of two 4' x 4' panels for the front and back, and 2' x 4' panels for the sides, top and bottom. Then later I added room for another 256 bats by joining more panels to one side of the box I'd already made, giving them a common center wall.

You just slide the bats in knob-first, and the knob end rests in the corresponding grid on the back wall, like a giant wine rack. As I recall, counting the cost of the panels and all the little fasterners you use to connect them securely, it only cost about $125 to make one box.

Banned

That is a sweet bat rack Godwulf!

I would love to see more photos of both your collection and David's Devil Rays / Rays collection!

godwulf

Who's 2 tone brown wilson glove is that?