Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Angry Problem With Guu Member Uwmrules09

Hello,
    I bought a Tony Gwynn Jr. game used hat from him. I paid him back on 9/16/08 through PayPal and I still haven't received the hat. I email him and no email back. I also ran into him about a week 1/2 ago and he told me he sent the hat but still no hat today. I've know him for a couple years now and we had made other deals before this one. What can I do about this? I hope he clears this up fast. Has anyone else had any problems with him??
    Thanks,
    Jamie
    jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

Re: Problem With Guu Member Uwmrules09

File a paypal dispute. It's easy to do. I just had to do it for the first time. It is a lengthy time period they allow for a response from the other party, but it doesn't require much time or effort on your part.

I believe that Paypal will freeze their account if you file a dispute with them. I just did this on an Ebay item that I did not receive and it forced the seller into a resolution as they could not use their paypal account until the dispute was closed. They did not return any of my e-mails until they realized that they could no longer use their paypal account. I heard from the a number of times after that...

I had to do this on a item just a few weeks ago that was taking way too long. And the seller got really mad saying that paypal took the money out of his account until the issue was resolved. Lets just say he sent the item very quick!

This guy is a nightmare to deal with as a buyer too since all he does is string you along for awhile and then not complete the purchase.

halofan

Sorry to hear about that Jamie

I have a Paypal Claim in right now and I am waiting for a reply.Its been close to 2 Weeks now.I don't understand why People Bid on items and Don't Pay for them.My Auction was a Buy it Now or Best Offer.I accepted his Offer and he never Paid me.I dealt with him once and he never left me Positive Feedback after I left him Feedback.I even emailed him to leave me Positive Feedback and he never did.

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    Hello,
    I bought a Tony Gwynn Jr. game used hat from him. I paid him back on 9/16/08 through PayPal and I still haven't received the hat. I email him and no email back. I also ran into him about a week 1/2 ago and he told me he sent the hat but still no hat today. I've know him for a couple years now and we had made other deals before this one. What can I do about this? I hope he clears this up fast. Has anyone else had any problems with him??
    Thanks,
    Jamie
    jlschultz180@wi.rr.com
    jamie,

in agreement with the other posts, paypal will work it out for you. if it was through ebay, you should get your item, or money back fairly quickly. if not through ebay, you will be taken care of, you will just have to jump through a few extra hoops. i hope it works out for you.

also, not getting too far off topic but.....ebay is getting to be a mess. to them it's ok for buyers to know everything about the sellers (which is fine), but sellers can't even leave negative feedback when a buyer doesn't complete a transaction. if a buyer doesn't pay or respond to a dispute, and you can't warn other sellers through negative feedback, they will do it again. i have left a few feedbacks with the green positive indicator, but had to put NEGATIVE and why to help warn other sellers. for me lately, the number of non payment auctions i have is WAY up. ok, enough of that.

mark

That is a lousy thing and rotten feeling when this happens to any of us. Even worse, apparently it's a member of this forum? Pretty weak. For what it's worth, once a paypal complaint is filed, the absent party has a habit of magically appearing shortly thereafter. And I'm sure the last thing you wanted to do was in fact start a Paypal dispute. You keep figuring, "I'll give him one more day." Don't worry, it will eventually work itself out.
    On the topic of Ebay, I think it's only a matter of time before they institute some type of 10 minute rule that keeps auctions going at the end. It's used in the big Auction houses. This would effectively eliminate the last second bidders. If there is a way fo Ebay to make more money, I'm sure they'll pursue it. Wait and see.

Banned

Thanks for all the post on this subject and for the many emails I have received about JT. I'm going to give it a few more days before I turn this over to PayPal. I hope he will do the right thing and mail me my hat.
    Thanks,
    Jamie
    jlschultz180@wi.rr.com