Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cubs Lose !!! Cubs Lose !!!

I guess sometimes having the best record means nothing. I noticed that the Cubbies never really hit a tough patch. I guess they were about due. it's not how you start ,it's how you finish. If my Sox don't make something happen at home . They'll be right next to them on the couch. Go Sox !
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Re: Cubs Lose !!! Cubs Lose !!!

Unfortunately, Sunday night you'll be reading a similar post about the Sux...

I picked the Cubs to face the Red Sox in the World Series so I am suprised. With the addition of Harden to their rotation, the Cubs had the pitching coupled with the solid lineup and fielders.

The lineup couldn't hit outside of Game 1 and key errors doomed them in Game 2 and again no key hits in Game 3.

Who would have thought the 1st team to be eliminated would have been the Cubs.

Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Unfortunately, Sunday night you'll be reading a similar post about the Sux...
    No way!

A Blackout will take the next two on the Southside and one more on the road. Our upset over the Rays will be more shocking than the FLUBs first round SWEEP for the 2nd year in a row!

Wishful thinking I know but hey it's Soxtober!

This is all amazing to me, but truely an October to be glued to the set as nothing is as expected. I'm as shocked as anyone about the Cubs collapse. The Sox are in a bad position, and how important was that Manny trade? I'm not a fan of the guy, but his baseball skills are truely over the top. Wow.

For those saddened by the Cubs collapse, chin up. Look at out Tigers. 2nd Highest payroll in baseball and last place in 08. Heads should roll. Any non sports organization that performed like that would suffer the consequences. I am embarrased to say I live in the Detroit area...

RK

What a second. The good thing about the Sox is that noone expects them to win. So, when they do it will just as sweet. I still believe. Go Sox !
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

I was rooting for the Cubs to go all the way to beat either the Phils or the Brewers. Now that this is not possible I would love to see Torre and the Dodgers make it to the Series and beat whoever the wins the AL. With the Dodgers original ties to Brooklyn and the Mets tribute to Jackie Robinson in the new stadium I don't see pulling for any of the other teams.

Also after what happened to him in New York in 2007 I'm sure Joe would feel vindicated with a 2008 World Series Championships.

If it's any consolation to Cub fans, history has shown that in a short series it's not always the best team that wins.

David

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoglen View Post
    No way!

A Blackout will take the next two on the Southside and one more on the road. Our upset over the Rays will be more shocking than the FLUBs first round SWEEP for the 2nd year in a row!

Wishful thinking I know but hey it's Soxtober!

give me some of whatever your smoking...no chance!!!!

seriously though, I hope the Rays sweep hem tonight since I'm a Twins fan and Pryzinski is such a prick

Joe Torre is a class act. Not a Dodger fan, not a Manny fan, but it would not kill me to see Joe sporting a ring in 08. Obviously I'm not a Yankee fan either...

Yea, the only thing I like about the Whitesox is career class act Jim Thome. You get outside of him and maybe Swisher and Alexi and I hate the team. The Rays are the feel good ballclub, a bunch of young talent with their head down playing baseball. Just wish they'd have followed thru and picked up Adam Dunn before the deadline as they had thought about...

RK