Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bob Bailor Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Rudy... you let them know about it and they didn't do anything?
    mmhmm. but that's not exactly a shocker. i've notified them of several things over the years that remained up. there was nothing right about the mcgriff. i wonder if the same person is responsible for the bailor? i've seen a few other bad 70s/80s jays jerseys. usually the same issues; frankenstein pieces that someone cobbled together. dave miedema wrote about that specific mcgriff on the mears website. i can't find the article anymore but from what i recall i believe he said he had seen the mcgriff in person and it was clearly entirely homemade. i don't want to put words in his mouth but that's what i recall.

i imagine whoever bought it eventually realized it was bad and they dumped it into historic who in turn sold it again.

rudy.

Re: Bob Bailor Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    mmhmm. but that's not exactly a shocker. i've notified them of several things over the years that remained up. there was nothing right about the mcgriff. i wonder if the same person is responsible for the bailor? i've seen a few other bad 70s/80s jays jerseys. usually the same issues; frankenstein pieces that someone cobbled together. dave miedema wrote about that specific mcgriff on the mears website. i can't find the article anymore but from what i recall i believe he said he had seen the mcgriff in person and it was clearly entirely homemade. i don't want to put words in his mouth but that's what i recall.

i imagine whoever bought it eventually realized it was bad and they dumped it into historic who in turn sold it again.

rudy.
    Just confirms that there was 0% sincerity, on their part, when they proclaimed how "thankful and appreciative" they were during their last auction...

Can't remember exactly how it went...."thankful to protect collectors" or some garbage when it was brought to their attention that there were issues with some of their pieces and they pulled them...maybe the only reason Ricky Ruzzek pulled them is because the FBI reads these boards?