Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

Quote Originally Posted by wjonesIII View Post
    Keep fishing Joel. The jerseys were sold as practice worn by the players trainer. Without pictures, I can't prove they were worn. What Heritage can tell by simply handling the jerseys is the same thing Grey Flannel can tell you. These jerseys show the appearance of jerseys that have been worn.

JSA used their exemplar library and found the signatures to match known exemplars of the players signatures. I don't care what anyone says, JSA has been unable to authenticate genuine autographs of LeBron, Wade, etc. a countless number of times due to the difficulty of authenticating signatures of these modern layers. Anyone who has got LeBron in person to sign, and then had the signatures fail JSA or PSA will tell you the same thing. It doesn't make JSA or PSA bad, it just means they are very careful and that they will fail real signatures because of lack of like exemplars.

The signatures on the LeBron USA shoes do not match perfectly with the signature on the LeBron USA jersey. LeBron's signature on UDA items is not consistent, and that is easy to prove and obvious.

I have already said I know David Archibald, and I do have a financial interest in making sure the facts about these jerseys are available. GUU deprives it's members of certain comments and opinions, so I am making this post. Check the IP addresses. I will not comment on this thread anymore, as it is obvious you think that JSA made a mistake on these jerseys, and you think the trainer is a liar. I do not know why Heritage doesn't replay to you, but I know Joe Orlando just wrote an article for PSA about what he thinks about people like you who attack auction houses via threads before giving them ample time to first respond.

The jerseys Heritage are auctioning are the exact jerseys the trainer said were player worn. When and where they were worn, I don't know for a fact but I have held these jerseys in my own hand and you can verify from the trainer that they went from the trainer to William Jones III to David Archibald. Those are the facts. I have no more to offer to this thread. if anyone here knows any of the Redeem Team players, please ask them to verify the authenticity of these jerseys.
    Ok, so suddenly you obtained these jerseys and sold them to David Archibald. Why did you hid this until now? Like all along the consignor suddenly found you and emailed you? Like suddenly you quote that the consignor is trying to get a letter from the trainer while all along William Jones III is the contact who is trying to get a letter from a trainer?

Why play these games with the community on Game Used Universe? Tell the truth from the start and maybe there will be no issues.

The players do not know what characteristics of any jerseys they wear are. Stop with your games and excuses and find a photo style match for these jerseys already or stop playing games. I assume you also obtained the shoes that David Archibald has been told the autographs are unable to authenticate.

I gave Heritage Auctions time to respond and asked the community here to help me find photos of the players in this style of jersey awaiting for a response. No photos have been found because it appears they do not exist.

Finally, used basketball jerseys generally show minor or slight wear if any at all so I would stop with your argument that these show great wear as it is beginning to look that they may have been worn but not by the USA Olympic players as even the autograph source is suspect.

Good luck with that letter that first David Archibald is trying to obtain but now you must be working on because you hid your interest in this lot to us all along. Even such a letter, without any photo style matches of this style of jersey, is worthless unless you can come up with the magic photos I have searched countless hours for myself and have found none.

Banned

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

No response to my concerns from Heritage Auctions after a few days.

Does Heritage Auctions wish for people to believe that it is ok to auction off questionable memorabilia? Does Heritage Auctions wish for their consignors to emails people such as me abusing them for questioning an item instead of addressing genuine concerns themselves?

The facts? Let's see - Not one photograph is available anywhere of a player wearing this style of jersey. The gentleman who has sent me abusive emails claiming to be the owner and consignor of these jerseys has had a similar set of shoes that the autographs were deemed "Unable to Authenticate" from the USA Basketball Team and the gentleman claiming to be the owner and consignor has a friend who posts on this forum since the gentleman claiming to be the owner and consignor is barred from posting on Game Used Universe who plays games first posting as an interested party, then suddenly he is a friend of the barred member and finally he comes out and says he sold the uniforms (and shoes?) to the barred member and that we have to trust his source.

Remember, this is the same guy who posted a link to an eBay auction for a John Elway jersey that - Surprise! - Is owned by the same person claiming to own the USA Basketball Warm-Up Jerseys in Heritage Auctions who is barred from posting on this site at this time. (I had no clue the owners were related until I questioned them on a MEARS policy - Sorry to get involved)

So, what I see here is suspect memorabilia that Heritage Auctions has to date ignored a genuine email concern about the validity of the item.

I am sorry a customer of mine asked me to look at this lot as they were planning on bidding on it, but they did and my research has ended up with all zeros. Now I asked the members of this forum and Heritage Auctions for help but nothing has come up to date.

you would think that you would at least get an e-mail back saying something like..."thank you for your concern, we are looking more into this"....

in fact, by Heritage not responding to you, it makes it appear that they haven't done ANY research before listing this lot at all....if they did research it, and did have at least one style match of ANY player, wouldn't they post a picture of it?

I'd be interested i hearing what reasearch was done before even listing it?....Maybe they're not responding because their computers are down?...they're on vacation?

Pretty sad

Banned

Ok, I did get an immediate automated response:

We wanted to let you know that we received your inquiry. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, it may take us a few days to get back to you. Thank you for your patience.

Since then I have received harassing emails from David Archibald thinking I have a vendetta against him personally, which I have no clue if he is or is not the consignor. All I know it the auction house with these questionable jerseys has not personally replied while the auction in just now winding down.

Banned

Mr. Alpert, the Heritage Auctions item description has been revised. Have you received an email from Heritage? I believe you stated you would post their exact response to you. Here is the updated listing:

"2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed. UPDATE: Additional provenance for this lot will be supplied in the form of a signed letter from a member of the US basketball team attesting to the authenticity of the jerseys, and a photograph of him holding his personal jersey from this lot. Heritage regrets that this provenance will not be available until next week, after the close of the auction, but we guarantee that it is forthcoming, and that the winning bidder will not be held liable for the completion of the sale until the promised provenance is supplied.

A trainer at the Las Vegas practice facilities for the US Olympic basketball team is the source for this incredible collection of worn and autographed shirts from the Team Redeem, which properly reclaimed the Gold Medal for the Americans in Beijing. Each reversible mesh shirt exhibits nice wear, and is signed by the superstar who used it. Included are James, Bryant, Anthony, Wade, Kidd, Bosh, Redd, Williams, Paul, Boozer, Prince and Howard. Tremendous break down value here, though it would be a shame to break up the complete set. An exciting opportunity to connect with the greatest talents in the game today. LOA from James Spence Authentication (autographs). Guide Value or Estimate: $1,500 - up."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wjonesIII View Post
    Mr. Alpert, the Heritage Auctions item description has been revised. Have you received an email from Heritage? I believe you stated you would post their exact response to you. Here is the updated listing:

"2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed. UPDATE: Additional provenance for this lot will be supplied in the form of a signed letter from a member of the US basketball team attesting to the authenticity of the jerseys, and a photograph of him holding his personal jersey from this lot. Heritage regrets that this provenance will not be available until next week, after the close of the auction, but we guarantee that it is forthcoming, and that the winning bidder will not be held liable for the completion of the sale until the promised provenance is supplied.

A trainer at the Las Vegas practice facilities for the US Olympic basketball team is the source for this incredible collection of worn and autographed shirts from the Team Redeem, which properly reclaimed the Gold Medal for the Americans in Beijing. Each reversible mesh shirt exhibits nice wear, and is signed by the superstar who used it. Included are James, Bryant, Anthony, Wade, Kidd, Bosh, Redd, Williams, Paul, Boozer, Prince and Howard. Tremendous break down value here, though it would be a shame to break up the complete set. An exciting opportunity to connect with the greatest talents in the game today. LOA from James Spence Authentication (autographs). Guide Value or Estimate: $1,500 - up."
    Mr. Jones, I am sorry, I typed up a response before I left for the night last night and when I was editing my reply it was removed and I did not wish to take the time to retype it.

I have emailed Chris Ivy about his response and still find too many questions about the jerseys and the autographs and the various stories you have told (first you are an observer - Then you are a friend of barred GUU user David Archibald - Then you originated the jerseys?) to believe even a picture will make these legitimate.

The whole USA Basketball team came to private practices and jerseys were made for these private practices that they wore? Why wouldn't they just wear their own jerseys? Something doesn't smell right. There is no press about anyone attending these private practices except for DeWayne Wade - Wouldn't the press know if LeBron and Kobe were in Chicago? Those guys can't walk across the street without the press knowing about it.

You keep up with your stories, and I will keep asking questions and maybe next time David Archibald will contact the auction house when I ask for help with an item that my client wishes to bid on and not a silly bunch of replies from David and yourself when the auction house still has no proof.

In the meantime, with the various phone calls I have received about these jerseys in the last twenty four hours - I found one person who knows you and told me that you used to sell me game used Blackhawks sticks around the old Gate 3 1/2 at the old Chicago Stadium back in the early 1990s. Pretty cool if that is a true story about you being one of the kids who used to get sticks after the games.

In the meantime, amazing ever-changing stories about a suspect group of jerseys will not change my mind and a history of suspect autographs of the same players really has me confused.

I will continue to post more once Chris Ivy of Heritage Auctions replies to my latest questions.

Banned

Joel, you keep on saying observer. I never said I was an observer. I know David Archibald personally made phone calls to try to get a letter from the trainer. I did say I knew David because he is the owner of the jerseys and owes a small commission once they are sold. That is the financial interest. You have repeated your point of observer, to knowing, to financial interest multiple times. David did email me about this thread. Nowhere did I ever say I was just an observer. I simply contradicted your points.

You keep on attacking us about the truth, and honesty, and integrity, but you still to this point have not honored your word and posted EXACTLY the reply you were sent by Chris Ivy. Is it that hard for you to pick up the phone and call the gym and ask if the players practiced with D-Wade before the Olympics? You are not a man of your word, or you would have posted the response you received from Heritage as you promised.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I will post any reply I receive from Heritage Auctions here
    Instead, you say you will write more once you here more You did not live up to your word, and now you may since i have called you out on it. You are the person who's honesty and integrity is now in question. I believe after all the attacks on Heritage you made, the forum deserves to read their exact response, just as you promised the forum.

Banned

Additionally, I am so sick of the suspect autographs comments. JSA is not God. Ask JSA how many LeBron signatures, or Wade signatures, or Kobe signatures that they have personally seen signed in 2008? Just because JSA s unable to authenticate the autographs on the shoes that came directly from those players trainer DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE FAKE! Are you that ignorant that you think every autograph JSA fails is fake?

You can verify with JSA that in 2007 JSA authenticator Larry S. told David Archibald that an Albert Pujols signature on a Men's Fitness magazine was not signed by Albert Pujols. Then in 2008, after more 2007 exemplars were in their library, that exact item was then authenticated by JSA. This is a fact. You can go on and on about the autographs on the shoes being questionable but out of the five pairs of shoes, one of the players is ready to sign a LOA attesting to the use and the authenticity of the signatures on the shoes. He personally remembers giving the shoes to the trainer. So then you would have to say...."well....but the other four JSA did not authenticate." So you would then be saying that the other four are fake? They all were obtained by the same trainer. JSA makes mistakes. They are very careful and very honest authenticators, and they need exemplars, not just a story. You continue to use the shoes against us, but you are wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Why wouldn't they just wear their own jerseys? Something doesn't smell right. There is no press about anyone attending these private practices except for DeWayne Wade - Wouldn't the press know if LeBron and Kobe were in Chicago? Those guys can't walk across the street without the press knowing about it.
    What own jerseys? You mean the practice jerseys they were not issued until they got to Las Vegas?

As far as the press, this is another ignorant comment. If your comment about the press is true, please look up on the internet and tell me what city LeBron and Kobe were in every day in the months of June and July? According to your logic, you will be able to look up each individual day and find out exactly what city Kobe and LeBron were doing that day.

By the way, it's Dwyane Wade.

By the way, I think LeBron just walked across a street.....but you already knew that because the press was there right?