Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

Oops - It happened again - I write a long response only to have the forum reset and all my typing is lost.

Oh well, I am not spending another 30 minutes typing my comments again.

Mr. Jones, do not attack my character for asking questions and not cutting and pasting a reply from Chris Ivy - Grow up and prove your items are genuine. I suggest a letter from Tim Groves may be a great start stating that all 12 members of USA Basketball showed up at him gym for private workouts and they had special jerseys made for them to wear at these private practices.

Otherwise, stop attacking people for asking genuine, honest questions. If you and David Archibald (The same person suspended from this forum for reasons I do not know, but I would guess game used Albert Pujols autographed baseball caps with autographs that were unable to authenticate may be a reason why) had just let Heritage Auctions answer the questions like an auction house should and not raise more doubt about these jerseys this thread would have died.

In the meantime, you both have raised more questions and attacking myself and trusted hobby authenticators has left us all wondering why.

I will chose weather to post in this thread again or not as I am done with childish attacks on my character for not cutting and pasting an email from Chris Ivy of Heritage Auctions. I take pride in asking a question and having respected, honest people answer my questions and not attack my character after promising they were done with this thread - Which I guess you were not with 4 posts in the past 24 hours.

What really sucks is with Chris Ivy's reply, which is no different from what you see on their web site, my client may have bid, but due to questions about why PSA/DNA was a listed authenticator on eBay but not on their web site (now PSA/DNA is not listed on eBay anymore) and the fact that the item has originated from David Archibald who him and his friend have attacked me for asking genuine questions has led us to even more question the items that would have never been asked if Mr. Archibald and Mr. Jones had not gotten involved with the discussion and let the auction house do their job and answer the questions.

Banned

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

Since Chris Ivy has ignored my email from yesterday I will post that I am very confused why the lot I have questioned is authenticated by JSA but not PSA/DNA - Even though the original eBay listing stated that PSA/DNA authenticated the autographs.

What I find odd is other lots in the Heritage Auctions current listing have both PSA/DNA and JSA authentication. So after Chris Ivy tells me that no one from Heritage Auctions but him has communicated with me about the questionable jerseys - As he does not accept David Archibald or William Davis III emailing me or posting about these online as communication from Heritage Auctions - I asked him yesterday straighforward if PSA/DNA was unable to authenticate the autographs on these jerseys as why wouldn't they have both certifications?

Since the same person, David Archibald had USA Olympic autographed shoes that were unable to authenticate, I can only assume that PSA/DNA was unable to authenticte the jerseys also since Chris Ivy ignored the question I posed him yesterday about this topic.

If this is true, shouldn't Chris Ivy notify the high bidder that PSA/DNA was unable to authenticate the autographs? Then again, why else would my question have been ignored by Chris Ivy with the listing ending so soon? Iwould assume since all other lots feature both authentictors that this special lot would also be authenticated by both.

I still await a response.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Since Chris Ivy has ignored my email from yesterday I will post that I am very confused why the lot I have questioned is authenticated by JSA but not PSA/DNA - Even though the original eBay listing stated that PSA/DNA authenticated the autographs.

What I find odd is other lots in the Heritage Auctions current listing have both PSA/DNA and JSA authentication. So after Chris Ivy tells me that no one from Heritage Auctions but him has communicated with me about the questionable jerseys - As he does not accept David Archibald or William Davis III emailing me or posting about these online as communication from Heritage Auctions - I asked him yesterday straighforward if PSA/DNA was unable to authenticate the autographs on these jerseys as why wouldn't they have both certifications?

Since the same person, David Archibald had USA Olympic autographed shoes that were unable to authenticate, I can only assume that PSA/DNA was unable to authenticte the jerseys also since Chris Ivy ignored the question I posed him yesterday about this topic.

If this is true, shouldn't Chris Ivy notify the high bidder that PSA/DNA was unable to authenticate the autographs? Then again, why else would my question have been ignored by Chris Ivy with the listing ending so soon? Iwould assume since all other lots feature both authentictors that this special lot would also be authenticated by both.

I still await a response.
    I still await a response from Chris Ivy - The guy with a big head at Heritage Auctions who thinks he is above the rules of common decency - Did PSA/DNA look at these jerseys as they appear to have authenticated everything else in your auction as some sucker paid $2868.00 for these jerseys?

I guess Chris Ivy has a policy that he does not care about integrity or honesty in this industry as he is above having to sell genuine memorabilia or at least answer questions about authentication.

Chris - you had an auction end last night and you ignored my questions about why PSA/DNA did not certify the autographs on these jersey. My client was prepared to bid $4000.00 on these before I found questions about the authenticity of these jerseys and questions about the autographs.

I know, you believe there was a mystery practice session in Chicago that custom made practice jerseys were worn at and all 12 players attended these private practices and no media ever knew about them. I know, practice jerseys show great use and the autographs were accepted by James Spence Authentication (a company not Pre-Certified by eBay) but where is the PSA/DNA authentication?

Just keep ignoring questions and we will see if maybe you can next be visited by a higher government power for not working for your bidders best interest.

You are welcome to post on this forum your replies - It is open to the public.

Banned

Joel, the jerseys actually sold for $4250.00 ($5078.75 after buyers premium) so your "client" would have been outbid. There was a live portion of the auction after the internet portion ended.

However, the winning bidder is not liable for the sale as of yet. The agreement is, as clearly stated in the auction listing, is that a photo of a one of the players holding up their jersey and a LOA for all of the jerseys will be provided to HA before the winning bidder is liable for the winning bid.

The player who was asked to provide the LOA was personally responsible for helping his trainer acquire this set of jerseys. He was also at the workouts so he has a first hand knowledge of the authenticity of the lot. If the player ends up not signing the LOA, the auction results are null and void. If the player ends up signing the LOA as I was told he is going to (in addition to an LOA for the shoes you keep on referencing), then that should give the buyer the assurance he or she needs to complete the sale.

If the LOA is signed for the shoes and the jerseys, both of which picture the items and state the facts, can I expect an apology? Before you question the authenticity of the signature on the LOA, you should know that a picture will be taken of the player signing the LOA to prevent you from using that argument as well. These will be my final comments pending the receipt of the LOA and the photos.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wjonesIII View Post
    Joel, the jerseys actually sold for $4250.00 ($5078.75 after buyers premium) so your "client" would have been outbid. There was a live portion of the auction after the internet portion ended.

However, the winning bidder is not liable for the sale as of yet. The agreement is, as clearly stated in the auction listing, is that a photo of a one of the players holding up their jersey and a LOA for all of the jerseys will be provided to HA before the winning bidder is liable for the winning bid.

The player who was asked to provide the LOA was personally responsible for helping his trainer acquire this set of jerseys. He was also at the workouts so he has a first hand knowledge of the authenticity of the lot. If the player ends up not signing the LOA, the auction results are null and void. If the player ends up signing the LOA as I was told he is going to (in addition to an LOA for the shoes you keep on referencing), then that should give the buyer the assurance he or she needs to complete the sale.

If the LOA is signed for the shoes and the jerseys, both of which picture the items and state the facts, can I expect an apology? Before you question the authenticity of the signature on the LOA, you should know that a picture will be taken of the player signing the LOA to prevent you from using that argument as well. These will be my final comments pending the receipt of the LOA and the photos.
    Mr. Jones, Chris Ivy emailed me that David Archibald or William Jones III are not speaking on behalf of Heritage Auctions so your posts are worthless to this discussion.

I am still waiting for Chris Ivy to confirm or deny if PSA/DNA was unable to authenticate these jerseys also had shoes from the same source were found unable to authentic. I am confused why these jerseys do not have PSA/DNA authentication while all other Heritage Auctions lots have such.

As for your letter - I find it worthless - I know people who are friendly with sports players who will do favors for them. Prove there were private practices attended by a Las Vegas facility trainer that the players wore custom made Team USA jerseys. Photos would be nice. A press article would be nice also.

Otherwise - Keep making up stuff and I will await Chris Ivy's reply about the lack of PSA/DNA authentication.

Banned

So, after many emails on Thursday to Chris Ivy, today Monday at 6:45PM Central I have no reply about my concerns with if PSA/DNA looked at the lot I have asked questions about in this thread.

I have sent the following email to Chris Ivy today, let me see if his integrity allows him to reply to this email:

Chris, funny how you stated ignoring my emails.

I can only assume you do not want to be an honest person and admit if PSA/DNA inspected these jerseys, as why would they mistakenly be listed with PSA/DNA authentication only for you to remove it from your eBay listing when I question why the jerseys are not listed with PSA/DNA authentication on your web site? Why would other lots have both authenticators but this lot does not?

Does Heritage Auctions have a policy to sell items with questionable authenticity because making money is more important than honesty and integrity?

Does Heritage Auctions have a policy to have their consignors abuse people who ask honest, genuine questions about memorabilia in their auctions? This seems like a good policy so you don’t have to answer questions and your customers can be abused by consignors and you are not the bad guy…

…or are you?

Joel Alpert

Chris Ivy told me about the letter from a USA Team Player and a photo holding one of these jerseys that the high bidder will receive. I just don't get it. There is no media about 12 players showing up at a private gym in Chicago for workouts (and since the jerseys have nice wear I would assume multiple workouts because I have seen practice jerseys that show light wear from NBA teams) and there were no photos and no media at all about it?

That is just odd and spooky. Besides, for a private practice at a private gym, they custom made Team USA jerseys? That is really weird and odd.

Joel,
    I'm completely with you on all this except for one thing. JSA is a pre-approved ebay authenticator.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by buc View Post
    Joel,
    I'm completely with you on all this except for one thing. JSA is a pre-approved ebay authenticator.
    I keep on promising not to post in this thread, but Joel keeps on not reading or understanding the basic points. So here we go again.

1. Custom USA jerseys: according to the trainer, Kobe's friend "Rev" ordered these jerseys from Nike for the players to wear. Since they were practicing for the USA events, they found it appropriate to wear USA jerseys. That is information Chris Ivy does not have access to.

2. Being abused: you have already falsely accused us on both the MEARS and GUU of threatening you. You later went back on that statement on the MEARS board, but never corrected that statement on this board. So for the record, you were never threatened.

3. Photos: This on is probably the most important because you keep on repeating yourself about wanting photos.

TIM GROVERS GYM HAS A NO CAMERAS POLICY, SO HOW WILL I GET PHOTOS?

THERE IS A NO CAMERAS POLICY AT THE GYM

THERE IS A NO CAMERAS POLICY AT THE GYM!

Will you please quit asking for photos of practices that are impossible to obtain due to a no cameras policy. Does this not make sense. Can anyone else on this board explain to Joel that if there is a no camera policy at the gym, and the practiced occurred at the gym, it is dumb to keep asking for photos that would be impossible to produce?

4. Media reports: The USA team came to Chicago after the Olympics to be on the Oprah show and help promote Chicago for the 2016 Olympics. During that week, the players were at Grover's gym every day. Are there media reports about those practices and workouts? According to Joel, there should also be coverage of these workouts all over the net as well. It is not Tim Grover's policy to alert the media when the players come to practice and workout. Find me any media stories about players working out at Grover;s gym, and I guarantee you that the coverage will be a fraction of the amount of actual workouts and practicing that actually occurred.

5. PSA/DNA: I am not sure if PSA/DNA saw the items or not, but I did see they were at one time listed as authenticators on both sites. Again, any experienced autograph collector can tell you that the lack of PSA/DNA authentication does not mean an item is fake. It just means PSA/DNA didn't certify the item. It is an opinion that they give. That being said, if PSA/DNA didn't certify the items but JSA did, where does that leave us? Are you going to say that PSA/DNA is right and JSA is wrong?

6. Player LOA and photo: Joel, you have declared these two items to be worthless. You say that players do people favors. If you are going to call the player a liar, and say they are wrong, that is your choice. I will bet that the majority of people will trust the player over Joel Alpert, especially since you have shown an inability to accept that maybe you are wrong, and even an inability to read for that matter (see: NO CAMERAS ALLOWED!).

I know I said I wouldn't post again, but Joel is clearly just asking the same questions over and over and over and over again, even after he is responded to. You can't ask for something that people can't help you with? If the gym has a no cameras policy, and the media wasn't alerted to the practices, you are either going to have to accept the players word or not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by buc View Post
    Joel,
    I do not see JSA on this list on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/apc/apcbuyer.html

When I previously asked about JSA being Pre-Certified on eBay, I called eBay and I was told they were never listed in this catagory. Please advise if I am mistaken.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wjonesIII View Post
    I keep on promising not to post in this thread, but Joel keeps on not reading or understanding the basic points. So here we go again.

1. Custom USA jerseys: according to the trainer, Kobe's friend "Rev" ordered these jerseys from Nike for the players to wear. Since they were practicing for the USA events, they found it appropriate to wear USA jerseys. That is information Chris Ivy does not have access to.

2. Being abused: you have already falsely accused us on both the MEARS and GUU of threatening you. You later went back on that statement on the MEARS board, but never corrected that statement on this board. So for the record, you were never threatened.

3. Photos: This on is probably the most important because you keep on repeating yourself about wanting photos.

TIM GROVERS GYM HAS A NO CAMERAS POLICY, SO HOW WILL I GET PHOTOS?

THERE IS A NO CAMERAS POLICY AT THE GYM!

Will you please quit asking for photos of practices that are impossible to obtain due to a no cameras policy. Does this not make sense. Can anyone else on this board explain to Joel that if there is a no camera policy at the gym, and the practiced occurred at the gym, it is dumb to keep asking for photos that would be impossible to produce?

4. Media reports: The USA team came to Chicago after the Olympics to be on the Oprah show and help promote Chicago for the 2016 Olympics. During that week, the players were at Grover's gym every day. Are there media reports about those practices and workouts? According to Joel, there should also be coverage of these workouts all over the net as well. It is not Tim Grover's policy to alert the media when the players come to practice and workout. Find me any media stories about players working out at Grover;s gym, and I guarantee you that the coverage will be a fraction of the amount of actual workouts and practicing that actually occurred.

5. PSA/DNA: I am not sure if PSA/DNA saw the items or not, but I did see they were at one time listed as authenticators on both sites. Again, any experienced autograph collector can tell you that the lack of PSA/DNA authentication does not mean an item is fake. It just means PSA/DNA didn't certify the item. It is an opinion that they give. That being said, if PSA/DNA didn't certify the items but JSA did, where does that leave us? Are you going to say that PSA/DNA is right and JSA is wrong?

6. Player LOA and photo: Joel, you have declared these two items to be worthless. You say that players do people favors. If you are going to call the player a liar, and say they are wrong, that is your choice. I will bet that the majority of people will trust the player over Joel Alpert, especially since you have shown an inability to accept that maybe you are wrong, and even an inability to read for that matter (see: NO CAMERAS ALLOWED!).

I know I said I wouldn't post again, but Joel is clearly just asking the same questions over and over and over and over again, even after he is responded to. You can't ask for something that people can't help you with? If the gym has a no cameras policy, and the media wasn't alerted to the practices, you are either going to have to accept the players word or not.
    According to Chris Ivy from Heritage Auctions you are not authorized by Heritage to discuss these jerseys on their behalf. Based on his reply to me, anyone with any other information does not speak for Heritage Auctions.

Then again, Heritage Auctions in an effort to hide the truth about the autographs on this jersey has ignored my questions about why PSA/DNA was listed as an authenticator for these jerseys on eBay, then removed them when I asked about why their web site didn't list PSA/DNA. I believe in an effort to hide the truth - As with the similar shoes that were found unable to authenticate - The autographs on these jerseys may be suspect.

If not, why would Chris Ivy ignore my emails asking about if PSA/DNA inspected these jerseys? He knows there is something wrong but he likes the commission for his highly competitive company.

You keep coming up with new stories. Maybe if you had let Chris Ivy handle it from the start I would have forgotten about it. Instead you and David Archibald have made the industry very suspicious of these jerseys. Chris Ivy's original reply would have been enough to stop with all the new questions that have come up since David Archibald has a past of game used items with questionable signatures.