Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

Joel,

I do not know the answer to your questions. I do know the consignor emailed Heritage and said that if PSA/DNA failed the autographs, and they did not admit that, then they should void the sale and do more research. Therefore, if they can prove the jerseys are real, the jerseys can be re-auctioned with an accurate description and all relevant information. I am not okay with the jerseys being sold with all this controversy. The consignor and I agree that if they are fake, they should not be sold. But if they are real, and it can be proven with more research, then they can be better marketed. Heritage should have replied to the PSA/DNA question, and written a better description. Until these facts are known, and bidders know beforehand if the jerseys passed PSA/DNA and/or JSA, then the auction was unfair to all parties. At the same time, the consignor is willing to let Heritage do more research on the jerseys and be up front about the PSA/DNA question.

Every auction house will have issues sometimes. Look at all the items that got berated in the auction run by this forum?

We were told that Kobe's boy "Rev" ordered the jerseys from Nike, but never asked for when, or the order number. I cannot add anymore. Heritage needs to make the decision as to what they will do.

Banned

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    So, your friend Dwayne Wade signed a letter for you?

When were the jerseys worn and autographed by all 12 players? Please elaborate as Tim Glover states the whole team didn't practice at the gym together.

They wore custom made jerseys at small, private practices, all twelve players? Please, please, please elaborate for us all on details. Maybe also include the ordering record for these custom made jerseys to show they were ordered prior to the Las Vegas practices.

Please, please, please keep making up stories and while you are at it, please explain how Heritage Auctions will not answer if PSA/DNA inspected the jerseys and then explain where Heritage Auctions came up with the story, in error, about how the jerseys originated from a Las Vegas trainer, but that story was changed once I started to question the jerseys.

Your new letters are worthless without the above questions being answered. I understand, Mr. Jones, you are friendly with Dwayne Wade and also Derrek Rose. That doesn't prove these jerseys were worn by all twelve members of the Team USA Basketball at Tim Glover's gym at secret, private practices and it doesn't prove all twelve autographs are genuine.
    What will prove the autographs are genuine? What authentication must they pass for you to believe the signatures are real? Or can you not be convinced?

Banned

I want to know what exactly you want done, after Heritage answers your question about PSA/DNA? What is out job at this point? What information needs to be obtained in order to "prove" these are real?

What information will prove that without a doubt they are fake?

Answer those two questions.

Banned

I was told the winning bidder will be allowed to make the final determination as to if he or she wants the lot. What this comes down to is that when JSA authenticated the autographs, that made us and Heritage believe the jerseys were as advertised from the trainer. The autographs are what JSA has determined to be genuine, and that made us believe in the lot enough to offer it for sale. The winning bidder is aware that he or she can decide if they want the lot. If not, Heritage will mail the lot back. I was just told that Heritage will not respond to Joel at this point, as every lot comes with PSA/DNA, JSA, or both. The winning bidder was aware that James Spence Authentication was the only authenticator, so disregard my previous posts. I am sorry that I was not able to prove these jerseys are real with pictures, and am only able to rely on the word of two people who would have been at there. Chris Ivy responded to Joel's emails during the auction, but Joel did not post them. If the winning bidder is satisfied with the items, they have a legal right to own them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wjonesIII View Post
    I was told the winning bidder will be allowed to make the final determination as to if he or she wants the lot. What this comes down to is that when JSA authenticated the autographs, that made us and Heritage believe the jerseys were as advertised from the trainer. The autographs are what JSA has determined to be genuine, and that made us believe in the lot enough to offer it for sale. The winning bidder is aware that he or she can decide if they want the lot. If not, Heritage will mail the lot back. I was just told that Heritage will not respond to Joel at this point, as every lot comes with PSA/DNA, JSA, or both. The winning bidder was aware that James Spence Authentication was the only authenticator, so disregard my previous posts. I am sorry that I was not able to prove these jerseys are real with pictures, and am only able to rely on the word of two people who would have been at there. Chris Ivy responded to Joel's emails during the auction, but Joel did not post them. If the winning bidder is satisfied with the items, they have a legal right to own them.
    David Archibald, why do you keep posting as William Jones III?

Banned

I am confused, Mr. Jones aka David Archibald posting as William Jones III - The auction house will not respond to me because they do not want to answer the question at hand which is did PSA/DNA inspect these autographs and if they did and found the autographs unable to authenticate, why did this major auction house keep the items in their auction?

I know why, because they are greedy. I know how greedy Heritage Auctions is from experience. Now I find that Heritage Auctions will not answer questions about questionable items because they do not want it to be known that integrity and honesty in this industry is more important than full disclosure.

No problems, I'm sure The FBI is reading and will investigate them soon enough for matters such as this.

If Chris Ivy was honorable, he would have replied to my questions about PSA/DNA. I only have emailed him about it 10 plus times now. I hear his father owns the company, I do not know if this is true, but he ignored when I asked who the owner of Heritage Auctions is and for their email address.

In the meantime, I challenge Game Used Universe's moderators to answer why David Archibald is allowed back on this forum to post as William Jones III?

Banned

Somebody kill this nonsense.

Let it go and move on to something else to bitch about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    Somebody kill this nonsense.

Let it go and move on to something else to bitch about.
    Sammy, if you feel that way, just stop reading the thread. Sort of like the election Tuesday - You can keep hoping the underdog wins, but it doesn't look good with just a few days to go.

All I know is someone is paying $5000.00 for suspect game used jerseys with autographs that are suspect.

Would you want to be the buyer for an item that is suspect and never know the truth? I don't like every thread posted on all forums, so when I get to that point, I stop reading that thread and I don't complain that it has gone on for too long.

I still want to know why the moderators have suspended David Archibald from this forum but they let him post as William Jones III on this forum now.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    ...five emails from David Archibald in a short time was threatening...
    So you're saying it is other people who are the unstable ones? Wow, this thread is like a car wreck, you can't help but look on in horror. And then to exhibit such refrain and maturity by not redirecting the topic from a collecting related angle to reflecting your political desires? Very classy stuff.

Banned

On behalf of the other party involved, PSA/DNA did not pass the autographs. The position of Heritage Auction galleries is that sometimes PSA/DNA and JSA will disagree, but they both see every item. The say it is not right for them to market a consignors product as having failed PSA/DNA if it passed JSA. I presume they do no want to insult JSA. Additionally, they will run PSA/DNA items if they fail JSA. Both authentication companies are well respected. The winning bidder, it was assured, will know the autographs only passed JSA, not PSA/DNA. I will no longer post in this thread on behalf of behalf of David Archibald and William Jones.