Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    You can claim PSA/DNA and JSA are the same thing - That is your view. eBay doesn't accept JSA as an authenticator. That is a concern to me why Chris Ivy has ignored my question about this.

My email address is below if you have any further concerns. Understand?
    Don't email Joel, he will accuse you of making threats!

Again though, Joel makes a dumb statement! Joel, how many lies and errors are you going to make in one thread. eBay approves JSA. Are you just not taking the time to read? SEE BELOW and quit saying things that are so stpid, like how eBay doesn't accept JSA as an authenticator:

"Authentication and grading services can help you evaluate an item. For a small fee, an independent, experienced evaluator can help examine a listing on eBay and point out potential problems.

About authentication and grading services

Buyers can get an item evaluated before purchasing it or get an evaluation of a recently purchased item. Sellers can boost bidder confidence by having items pre-authenticated before listing an item. Sellers can promote the fact that an independent expert has approved the item, which lets bidders know that the item has been examined by an experienced professional who has pledged to provide an unbiased opinion.
    Authentication services : Authentication helps determine whether an item is genuine and described appropriately. Experts can often detect counterfeits from subtle details. However, two expert authenticators can have different opinions on the authenticity of the same item.
    Grading services: Grading is a way of determining the physical condition of an item. The grading system depends on the type of item being graded.
    Authentication companies

The authentication companies listed here are professional, independent evaluators. We’ve obtained a pledge from these evaluators that they will offer their services to both buyers and sellers, and that they will maintain independence from any individual party. The authenticators have pledged not to buy or sell on eBay's core site, keeping them out of competition with the buyers and sellers they are serving. They have also promised to provide eBay users with competitive prices.

List of authentication companies

General

For an online appraiser, contact What's It Worth To You.

For a local appraiser, contact the International Society of Appraisers.

Autographs

Authenticate sports autographs and memorabilia with:
    Global Authentication
    James Spence Authentication
    OnlineAuthentics.com
    Authenticate sports autographs with PSA/DNA."

RIGHT THERE. eBay not only approves JSA, they provide a link to his website and say "authenticate autographs" with them and the other three You spend so much time trying to prove me wrong, that you prove yourself wrong.

Banned

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

Another good one:

"Authentication services : Authentication helps determine whether an item is genuine and described appropriately. Experts can often detect counterfeits from subtle details. However, two expert authenticators can have different opinions on the authenticity of the same item."

Right there from eBay...JSA is accepted and promoted by eBay, and eBay makes it a point to educate people like Joel that the authenticators are experts who can have different opinions on the same item.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by buc View Post
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/auth-overview.html

Joel,
    Attached is the link for pre-approved ebay authenticators. If you look under autographs, you will see JSA. To me, and this is my personal opinion, JSA is better than PSA. Again, that is my personal opinion.
    Ok, I see what you found. Your page is not for the eBay Pre-Certified Catagory - It is for 3rd party authentictors. JSA is not eBay pre-Certified, but eBay offers them a link for authentication.

This is fine - I still wish to know if PSA/DNA denied the autographs as Chris Ivy ignored this question for some suspicious reason.

I personally have no problem with JSA, but I find when I sell similar items with one or the other I always get more money for a PSA/DNA certified item.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wjonesIII View Post
    Another good one:

"Authentication services : Authentication helps determine whether an item is genuine and described appropriately. Experts can often detect counterfeits from subtle details. However, two expert authenticators can have different opinions on the authenticity of the same item."

Right there from eBay...JSA is accepted and promoted by eBay, and eBay makes it a point to educate people like Joel that the authenticators are experts who can have different opinions on the same item.
    Sir, once again, your facts are wrong, I proved it in the post above.

JSA is not eBay Pre-Certified they are available on a list of 3rd party authenticators, but they are not Pre-Certified.

MY QUESTION IS DID PSA/DNA FAIL TO AUTHENTICATE THESE AUTOGRAPHS - IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JSA - THE FACTS ARE SIMPLE AND THE MAIN QUESTION HAS BEEN IGNORED BY CHRIS IVY - WHY?

Mr. Jones, keep posting, but I am not going to play your games anymore. I will wait for evidence to come up because this has now because something that I care very much to show may not be what is advertised as there are some issues that have been ignored about history here.

Your letter from an NBA player or photograph is still worthless to me. It appears you have friends, but also that you do not believe rules of integrity.

Why can't you just let Heritage Auctions handle this already? It is their lot - Not yours. You have nothing to do with it according to an email I received from Heritage Auctions.

Talking Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

Not to get to far off topic, but if you list an item under autographs and you have the option to list who it was authenticated by, ebay gives you the options of JSA, PSA, GAI, or other. I think this makes them pre-certified. ebay would not have that option if they were not pre-certified. I've had the exact opposite as far as sales go. I always get more for JSA, so now, even if I buy something that has PSA paperwork, I send it to JSA for duplicate authentication and put JSA in my title!

Banned

I agree that Heritage should have let people know that PSA/DNA did not pass the autographs, for the sake of honesty. At the same time, if PSA/DNA didn't pass the signatures, it does not mean the signatures are fake.

The MJ shoes did not come from Tim Grover. They came from his employee.

Last, the email from the auction house executive was likely from American Memorabila. AMI has a personal issue with both of us, so that is not a good source to go by. Call up Mastro, ask for Bill Mastro, and ask him how many great Michael Jordan items he got in the 1990's from the same source? And ask him who would take him to Bulls games with Jordan's personal tickets, and introduce him to MJ at the game?

Banned

I do not know if PSA/DNA examined the signatures, or not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by buc View Post
    Not to get to far off topic, but if you list an item under autographs and you have the option to list who it was authenticated by, ebay gives you the options of JSA, PSA, GAI, or other. I think this makes them pre-certified. ebay would not have that option if they were not pre-certified. I've had the exact opposite as far as sales go. I always get more for JSA, so now, even if I buy something that has PSA paperwork, I send it to JSA for duplicate authentication and put JSA in my title!
    Sorry, eBay doesn't offer JSA as Pre-Certified. You can type in any name you want in the Guaranteed Authentic box. The facts are clear - eBay may offer links to the JSA web site, but as for Authenticator Pre-Certified, JSA doesn't make the list and I have no idea why.

See this link:

http://pages.ebay.com/apc/form.html

If you click the list of authenticators, JSA is not there.

I am not here to debate if JSA is right or wrong - I just wish Chris Ivy answered my question is PSA/DNA was unable to authenticate the autographs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wjonesIII View Post
    I agree that Heritage should have let people know that PSA/DNA did not pass the autographs, for the sake of honesty. At the same time, if PSA/DNA didn't pass the signatures, it does not mean the signatures are fake.

The MJ shoes did not come from Tim Grover. They came from his employee.

Last, the email from the auction house executive was likely from American Memorabila. AMI has a personal issue with both of us, so that is not a good source to go by. Call up Mastro, ask for Bill Mastro, and ask him how many great Michael Jordan items he got in the 1990's from the same source? And ask him who would take him to Bulls games with Jordan's personal tickets, and introduce him to MJ at the game?
    Who? Wes?

Banned

Wes? Which comment are you referring to?