Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

No response to my concerns from Heritage Auctions after a few days.

Does Heritage Auctions wish for people to believe that it is ok to auction off questionable memorabilia? Does Heritage Auctions wish for their consignors to emails people such as me abusing them for questioning an item instead of addressing genuine concerns themselves?

The facts? Let's see - Not one photograph is available anywhere of a player wearing this style of jersey. The gentleman who has sent me abusive emails claiming to be the owner and consignor of these jerseys has had a similar set of shoes that the autographs were deemed "Unable to Authenticate" from the USA Basketball Team and the gentleman claiming to be the owner and consignor has a friend who posts on this forum since the gentleman claiming to be the owner and consignor is barred from posting on Game Used Universe who plays games first posting as an interested party, then suddenly he is a friend of the barred member and finally he comes out and says he sold the uniforms (and shoes?) to the barred member and that we have to trust his source.

Remember, this is the same guy who posted a link to an eBay auction for a John Elway jersey that - Surprise! - Is owned by the same person claiming to own the USA Basketball Warm-Up Jerseys in Heritage Auctions who is barred from posting on this site at this time. (I had no clue the owners were related until I questioned them on a MEARS policy - Sorry to get involved)

So, what I see here is suspect memorabilia that Heritage Auctions has to date ignored a genuine email concern about the validity of the item.

I am sorry a customer of mine asked me to look at this lot as they were planning on bidding on it, but they did and my research has ended up with all zeros. Now I asked the members of this forum and Heritage Auctions for help but nothing has come up to date.

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

you would think that you would at least get an e-mail back saying something like..."thank you for your concern, we are looking more into this"....

in fact, by Heritage not responding to you, it makes it appear that they haven't done ANY research before listing this lot at all....if they did research it, and did have at least one style match of ANY player, wouldn't they post a picture of it?

I'd be interested i hearing what reasearch was done before even listing it?....Maybe they're not responding because their computers are down?...they're on vacation?

Pretty sad

Banned

Ok, I did get an immediate automated response:

We wanted to let you know that we received your inquiry. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, it may take us a few days to get back to you. Thank you for your patience.

Since then I have received harassing emails from David Archibald thinking I have a vendetta against him personally, which I have no clue if he is or is not the consignor. All I know it the auction house with these questionable jerseys has not personally replied while the auction in just now winding down.