Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Classic eBay story!

I actually emailed the guy and asked if I could refund his money and we could just forget the whole deal so I can just re-list these and get on with my life.

who has ebay's number? i have some problems i want to express

he bid knowing full well what the shipping terms were. Screw him and send him the full bill.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    But is it really to the point where buyers can win the items and just pay what they want to pay, with no regard for the terms of the auction? Yes, I guess it is.
    Dan,

What's the guy's User ID? Sorry that you are having problems with the guy but the reason I am asking is because I'll be more than happy to block him from my future auctions.

If you don't want to post it here, send it to me via flaa1a@comcast.net

Jim

I will email it. I am really not into the drama, but this is one of the strangest things that has happened to me on eBay.

Well, I have figured out what to do in a case like this. You can cancel the transaction, and one of the options for reasons why is "buyer and seller could not agree on terms". If the buyer will accept this, I will get my eBay fees refunded. However, and this is a fine eBay rule, if the buyer does not agree, I will not get my final value fees refunded. I also noted in the cancel transaction notice that the buyer was unwilling to pay shipping as outlined in the auction.

Oh and just FYI, I refunded his money on Monday evening. So I don't see why he wouldn't just let the transactions be cancelled. Of course, I don't see why he would bid on two auctions that both state flat shipping fee of $10 and then arbitrarily decide to pay $8 shipping for both items combined. So we'll see.

Well, he declined to cancel the transaction, even though he has his money back. Oh well.

Send him an invoice with the $12, no, make it $15 shipping charge. What a wack job this guy is!

Yep, he is a real piece of .... work, I guess. In his reply to the cancellation request, he states that I "need to complete the transactions using actual shipping costs per eBay policy". That is not eBay's policy. That is his policy, and by judging from his feedback, this is not the first time he has done this. One seller left a positive for him, stating "Paid quickly, but did not pay full shipping charge." This was for an 8x10 photo for which the seller was charging $4.99 for shipping, which does not seem that bad to me.

So I am left to just sit back and wait for the negative feedback. I did, however, get my final value fees refunded promptly by eBay by placing a phone call to them. They did not hesitate to do that.

Could you email me his eBay User ID too?

Much easier to block him now than possibly deal with him later.

otismalibu@yahoo.com