Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: UPS strikes again w/ missing game used item

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Something needs to be done about this at UPS. I submitted a Derek Jeter bat for authentication. While my wife and I were at home, I heard a noise at the front door. As I approached the door, I saw the UPS guy running away towards his truck. I opened the door, picked up the package, and immediately noticed two things. One end of the package was open and the box was empty. I yelled at the UPS guy and told him the item was missing. I also made him aware that there is no way he could handle that box and not realize the box was empty.

I made him stay there while I called UPS. I then immediately went down to UPS. While waiting in an office for more than 45 minutes, the bat showed up. They said they found it in a mail bin. What! Are you serious?

Well, I got lucky. Catching him at the door is what made UPS worry.

This is common with UPS. They know what is in those tubes and they have many thieves working for UPS.

Sad!
    Good ending for your Jeter.

My last UPS debacle was with a box top was peeled back and 1 of the 4 bats was missing and it was the most valuable one of the bunch.

I went as far as filing a report with the Police but that did nothing. It took a few months and UPS finally paid up after giving me the run around. I felt they put you through the torture test hoping you give up on your claim. In my situation it was a very expensive bat.

If you Google search "UPS Theft", there are some interesting stories on there.

Have you ever been to a UPS facility at closing time? The drivers are basically searched leaving the facility by security which is laughable as most thefts happen on their route. The smart theif has someone on the route that they give their stolen items to.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Then, about three months later, on SportsNet (aka CoinNet) I saw my card for sale. I called UPS to tell them I found the lost-stolen card. They were so interested, they didn't even call me to follow up. I guess once the pay a claim they don't care if the unique, stolen-lost item is found.
    Joel's situation would have been one to call the Police and have them confiscate the card as stolen property and follow back to see where they got it from. Its a shame they didn't care enough, but maybe it is a sign that they have so much stolen property it is a write-off and too much time to follow up.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I just received a bat in the mail this week via USPS in one of those long triangular shaped boxes that we normally use for bats. The box had a huge gouge through the center of it. My wife called me at work to let me know the shape of the package that had arrived. I instantly thought that it was tampered with, and asked her to open it while I was on the phone. Luckily the contents were untouched...but someone got to have a sneak peek as to what was inside. Not very comforting to say the least.

My UPS guy had a habit of not scanning items in when he picked them up.
    Several times, I had bats travel from MO to CA and the only scan made was for the final delivery of the package - that is always scary, because UPS has no idea whatsoever where the package might be.

I am told that this happens when the label is placed on a curved surface like a tube...they can't scan them (and apparently they don't have time to enter the numbers manually).

Just a thought since many of us ship bats.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

has anyone else had this problem with items other than bats?

Just put the name Bill Romanowski above the return address.

No one in their right mind would dare open the box.

my brother use to work at ups and when i was with the o's javy lopez got traded to the red sox so we had to package up all his bats and ship them to boston long story short they went to the ups he worked at and the way they treat packages all the bats about 100 total went all over the floor he said people were playing with the bats in the warehouse i dont know if all the bats made it but you never know.

Thanks Mike,
    It made me a little worried, I thought I read somewhere you shipped UPS.

UPS strikes again!!!!

What can Brown do for you? R

I was thrilled to receive 2 packages today from UPS. These pictures should say it all!!!

Name:  IMG_2432.JPG
Views: 518
Size:  165.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2433.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  175.9 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Re: UPS strikes again!!!!

Ouch! That sucks. Hopefully nothing was missing from the boxes but obviously the contents were damaged. What was inside?

Re: UPS strikes again!!!!

Ouch! Couldnt tell ya how many times Ive gone thru that.