Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
If there were cameras, there must have been media, right?

I just found four emails in my junk email folder from a guy claiming to the consignor, but he says he is barred from this forum but Heritage Auctions has ignored my email about these jerseys.

I do not deal with consignors, I deal with the person selling the items, right? The consignor has some excuse that these were worn before the Las Vegas practices, maybe in 2007. They were advertised as 2008 jerseys from Las Vegas so I do not know how they came before then.

I would expect a major auction house such as Heritage Auctions to address my concerns, but they have a chip on their shoulder so I guess they can ignore emails from potential bidders about concerns.

As for the alleged consignor's concern, he should ask Heritage Auctions why they have ignored my email about my concern. Also he should contact Game Used Universe and attempt to have his account restored so he can post here as GUU doesn't suspend accounts without just reasons I have found.
Here is the item description:

"2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed. A trainer at the Las Vegas practice facilities for the US Olympic basketball team is the source for this incredible collection of worn and autographed shirts from the Team Redeem, which properly reclaimed the Gold Medal for the Americans in Beijing. Each reversible mesh shirt exhibits nice wear, and is signed by the superstar who used it. Included are James, Bryant, Anthony, Wade, Kidd, Bosh, Redd, Williams, Paul, Boozer, Prince and Howard. Tremendous break down value here, though it would be a shame to break up the complete set. An exciting opportunity to connect with the greatest talents in the game today. LOA from James Spence Authentication (autographs). Guide Value or Estimate: $1,500 - up."

I also received an email from the consignor and he made a few valid points.

1. Joel says that the jerseys were advertised by Heritage as 2008 jerseys from Las Vegas. Nowhere in the description does it say that. It says 2008 USA Basketball team practice worn jerseys, sourced from a trainer at the Las Vegas practice facilities. Joel, maybe Heritage wants you to read more carefully. why would they respond to an accusation that they described something wrong, when they didn't actually describe it that way. You read it wrong. These jerseys are from the 2008 USA basketball team players. That is obvious as all 12 players on the team signed the jerseys.

2. I was told that these jerseys were the jerseys worn by the layers before they were given the new style of practice jerseys that you posted images of. I was also told that not every team USA workout and practice was over the last year was open to media. I was told that the jerseys you posted images of were brand new, and were issued to the players for the start of the open media practices in Vegas. All the players had made a three year commitment to the team. This leaves 3 years worth of practices and workouts these could have been worn at. Joel, do you have images from every practice the USA team has had over the last three years, including the 2008 practices prior to open media practices in Vegas?

3. The jerseys are from the personal trainer to players including, but not limited to Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, etc. The consignor has confirmed that the personal trainer was at the USA practice facilities all week with the players. The trainer says he personally witnessed the players wearing these jerseys.

I do now the consignor, and I have been told that he is working on getting a letter signed by the trainer. I think there are a lot of people on this site who pretend t know everything, and do not take into account the details. I posted in a similar thread about 0062 tags vs. 6200 tags. If somebody can prove to me that every Team USA practice over the last few years has been photographed, and that the images have been posted online, that would be one thing. But to accuse an auction house, a consignor, and a player trainer of peddling fake jerseys based on the lack of a photo available online does not seem fair to me.