Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

Quote Originally Posted by wjonesIII View Post
    Joel, the jerseys actually sold for $4250.00 ($5078.75 after buyers premium) so your "client" would have been outbid. There was a live portion of the auction after the internet portion ended.

However, the winning bidder is not liable for the sale as of yet. The agreement is, as clearly stated in the auction listing, is that a photo of a one of the players holding up their jersey and a LOA for all of the jerseys will be provided to HA before the winning bidder is liable for the winning bid.

The player who was asked to provide the LOA was personally responsible for helping his trainer acquire this set of jerseys. He was also at the workouts so he has a first hand knowledge of the authenticity of the lot. If the player ends up not signing the LOA, the auction results are null and void. If the player ends up signing the LOA as I was told he is going to (in addition to an LOA for the shoes you keep on referencing), then that should give the buyer the assurance he or she needs to complete the sale.

If the LOA is signed for the shoes and the jerseys, both of which picture the items and state the facts, can I expect an apology? Before you question the authenticity of the signature on the LOA, you should know that a picture will be taken of the player signing the LOA to prevent you from using that argument as well. These will be my final comments pending the receipt of the LOA and the photos.
    Mr. Jones, Chris Ivy emailed me that David Archibald or William Jones III are not speaking on behalf of Heritage Auctions so your posts are worthless to this discussion.

I am still waiting for Chris Ivy to confirm or deny if PSA/DNA was unable to authenticate these jerseys also had shoes from the same source were found unable to authentic. I am confused why these jerseys do not have PSA/DNA authentication while all other Heritage Auctions lots have such.

As for your letter - I find it worthless - I know people who are friendly with sports players who will do favors for them. Prove there were private practices attended by a Las Vegas facility trainer that the players wore custom made Team USA jerseys. Photos would be nice. A press article would be nice also.

Otherwise - Keep making up stuff and I will await Chris Ivy's reply about the lack of PSA/DNA authentication.

Banned

Re: Heritage Lot 710 - 2008 USA Olympic Basketball Team Practice Worn Jerseys Lot of 12, Signed

So, after many emails on Thursday to Chris Ivy, today Monday at 6:45PM Central I have no reply about my concerns with if PSA/DNA looked at the lot I have asked questions about in this thread.

I have sent the following email to Chris Ivy today, let me see if his integrity allows him to reply to this email:

Chris, funny how you stated ignoring my emails.

I can only assume you do not want to be an honest person and admit if PSA/DNA inspected these jerseys, as why would they mistakenly be listed with PSA/DNA authentication only for you to remove it from your eBay listing when I question why the jerseys are not listed with PSA/DNA authentication on your web site? Why would other lots have both authenticators but this lot does not?

Does Heritage Auctions have a policy to sell items with questionable authenticity because making money is more important than honesty and integrity?

Does Heritage Auctions have a policy to have their consignors abuse people who ask honest, genuine questions about memorabilia in their auctions? This seems like a good policy so you don’t have to answer questions and your customers can be abused by consignors and you are not the bad guy…

…or are you?

Joel Alpert

Chris Ivy told me about the letter from a USA Team Player and a photo holding one of these jerseys that the high bidder will receive. I just don't get it. There is no media about 12 players showing up at a private gym in Chicago for workouts (and since the jerseys have nice wear I would assume multiple workouts because I have seen practice jerseys that show light wear from NBA teams) and there were no photos and no media at all about it?

That is just odd and spooky. Besides, for a private practice at a private gym, they custom made Team USA jerseys? That is really weird and odd.