Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: washington nationals GUZMAN 2005 jersey

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post

So many of the excuses given here are laughable. Teams swapping 0062 for 6200 tags??? One of the best lines I have heard in a long time. That is a Majestic code which we often refer to, but a team could care less about this!

You can put as many bows, ribbons, tags, or whatever on a pile of crap...but it will still smell just the same.
    i am sorry but thats the fact that some MLB teams done that , you can check old posts by searching 6200 0062 for keywords and u will be surprised .. for example PADRES practices that as sewing 0062 over the seam. thats why i was alittle hard on guzman until allstarplus showed me the inside tagging then i will have to burn this guzman jersey !

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post
    One lesson in policework is to never let the bad guys know how you caught them... I get a sneaking suspicion that there may be some people that wrongly use the information posted here to help them make better fakes. Not just in this case, in general.

I'm certain that these will use our forum as a way to judge or test a fake jersey before they try to sell it. Very sad, but very much a possibility. I will say that the knowledge on here is amazing even the smallest of errors are caught quickly (awesome work here Andrew).

So many of the excuses given here are laughable. Teams swapping 0062 for 6200 tags??? One of the best lines I have heard in a long time. That is a Majestic code which we often refer to, but a team could care less about this!

You can put as many bows, ribbons, tags, or whatever on a pile of crap...but it will still smell just the same.
    Originally Posted by dcrules01 Andrew I find this thread amusing because he obviously does not know you actually deal with the National players directly and have a sweet luxury box that you have invited members of this board to for free.If I was ever to buy anything from the Washington Nationals there is only one person I would deal with.And that is Andrew Lang who I hold in the highest regard in the Collecting world and am proud to call him a friend.

From what I see he was not insulting you he was trying to educate you.
    Thanks guys, very kind words. I am just lucky that I know Washington Nationals items and I can break bad and pull from my own collection and show the visual evidence. I am sure that jersey will measure out as a 48 or 52 so the problems with that jersey are probably beyond the obvious.

I am most intrigued by what Marcus is claiming is a San Diego Padres norm of sewing the 0062 wash tag over the seam. Does anyone know if that is accurate?

One lesson in policework is to never let the bad guys know how you caught them... I get a sneaking suspicion that there may be some people that wrongly use the information posted here to help them make better fakes. Not just in this case, in general.
    I agree with you on this, but I decided to lay out all the cards and prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt and Marcus finally agreed so that is a good conclusion.

I agree with you that we do such a good job of education on here that the very good fake of a jersey could be done and we may never catch it. I believe that someone has made duped 0062 wash tags and has extra flag tags and with today's technology it could always be in the realm of possibilites that someone can even dupe fake MLB holograms (although I haven't seen this). They can research correct sizes etc. but usually get caught up in their own greed as they cut corners based on missing something in their research of correct player characteristics. This is why this Guzman which is an obvious fake needs to be investigated to find out where the fake 0062 tag came from and follow that back to where it originated from.

This is why I am so interested in this auction. http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=19258
    This jersey has many parallels to this Guzy but still has a 6200 wash tag, but has a hologram which I want to examine. The Majestic tag appears to be tampered with also. This jersey has a sig and G/U inscription.

Right now on eBay there is exactly 1,580 game used/worn jerseys covering the 4 major sports and colleges. Thats a lot of fabric!!!!

Everyone keep up the good work!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

i did posted links of 0062 sewn over seam that some MLB teams did that and you guys overlooked that ?? i even posted a link about fake copying 0062 tagging to put on the jerseys. there are codes that you could tell the 0062 tag itself is fake ...

padres does 0062 sewn over the seam
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ight=6200+0062

other on fake 0062 case with codes that can tell 0062 itself is fake ...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=5582

i know the guzman nationals jersey has too many red flags on it
    BUT the 0062 tag itself is legit .....however it doesnt have set 1,2 or size tag inside with the 0062 taggings...

i always research before i buy anything but seem i did some research and i went ahead and buy the nationals jerseys. what i could have done is to ask ALLSTARSPLUS about nationals jerseys and showing him jerseys before i buy them !
    thanks allstarsplus
    marcus

Quote Originally Posted by mchmaj View Post
    i did posted links of 0062 sewn over seam that some MLB teams did that and you guys overlooked that ??

padres does 0062 sewn over the seam

marcus
    marcus

did you even read that thread that you posted about the padres? the tag wasn't sewn over the seam. did you even look at the pictures?

from r.c. walker, in the thread you posted: "I thought I found one which had been re-sewn!.. When I looked closer, I notice a small fold. Pulling it back I found the tag had indeed been sewn in the proper way."

the only person who overlooked anything was you. it seems you barely skimmed a thread where r.c. walker said that the tag on one of his padres shirts was folded in a way that made it appear as if it was sewn over the seam but it really wasn't and you then came on here and said it was "common practice for some MLB teams to remove 6200 then added 0062 tagging inside". one shirt from one team had a folded tag that gave the illusion that it was sewn over the seam and this, to you, means that some MLB teams employ a common practice to sew the tags over the seams. sweet jesus.

"i am sorry but thats the fact that some MLB teams done that.."
    "for example PADRES practices that as sewing 0062 over the seam"
    "i did not know anything much about MLB"
    "i dont know much about MLB jerseys and i saw this 2005 tagged i know its real"

marcus, for the good of the hobby, if you don't much about MLB jerseys i think it would behoove everyone, including yourself, if you didn't sell them. the last thing anyone needs is someone buying and selling items they don't understand.

anyway, just to add something to this thread.. awhile back grey flannel was selling a red-alt redsox varitek gamer with steiner certs. the wash tags had been removed and resewn. aside from the tags being removed and resewn, i think the resewn tag may be a case, identical to r.c. walker's experience, where the tag is folded at the top in such a way that gives the illusion that it's sewn on top of the seam. the resewn varitek tag may very well be sewn properly within the seam.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=12516

rudy.

yeah
    you are right
    thank you for more info....
    sometime i do think BIG on the jerseys i buys and i sometime overlooked some other things such as the guzman jersey..
    thank you for tips because i wuld be in serious trouble if i didnt learn those red flags on the guzman jersey as i wuld sell it on ebay or someone on forum .....
    i will ask for refund on church and guzman jerseys
    many thanks !!!!
    i am more of into college and NFL game jerseys than MLBs but i want to learn more about mlb gamers because i am living in southern california and theres baseball everywhere

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by mchmaj View Post

i will ask for refund on church and guzman jerseys

marcus
    Marcus - I hope you get the refunds!!!! Are you willing to tell us who sold them to you as that may help many on here to use extra caution. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24
    one shirt from one team had a folded tag that gave the illusion that it was sewn over the seam
    Rudy - Thanks as always on the Padres wash tags!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500