Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ot; ebay screwing us again!

starting the 20th, sellers will no longer be able to accept money orders as payment. paypal, and whatever other crap they have only. the problem i have with that is the extra fees that paypal charges. buyers don't want to pay them and neither do i.
    and, if the buyer decides to complain about the item as to say they didn't get it, they call their bank for a refund and get the item for free and the seller's account gets screwed out of the amount and the item. talk about greed.
    ebay screws the little guy, and everybody like usual says "i can't do anything about it". sure we can, don't use ebay.
    me, i don't like to have to pay paypal fees when ebay is already getting listing fees and fvf. i guess i won't be selling there very often anymore. i may just stop all together.

Re: ot; ebay screwing us again!

Maybe you'll get enough new buyers to offset your added fees.

As a buyer, it's a pain to run and get a money order then drop it in the mail, not knowing when it will show up for the seller. Much easier to pay with a few clicks. In fact, I usually won't even bid if they don't take Paypal.

Just ship with DC and insure more expensive items and you shouldn't have any problem.

Fees are part of eBay/Paypal.

Thumbs up Re: ot; ebay screwing us again!

amen brother! i just got screwed for 260+ because paypal refunded the buyer his money while i was out of time and i lost the item also! this is the second time the 1st time i disputed an item. (because it was bogus and dispute was awarded in my favor. i packed shipped with signature confirmation as they instructed. the buyer refused to sign for package 3 times. have usps confirmation's on all 3. now the post office doesn't know what happened to the item. as it was lost in his local usps in norfolk virginia. trail end's there! so he not only got my money the 1st time. know i'm out the bogus item, even after i did exactly what they stated i had to do to receive my refund. "ship" and send them the "tracking #'s". paypal insurance is for crap. i personnally will never use them again. and if ebay doesn't like that then the h*** with them too. auction houses and ebay/paypal are getting to greedy and offer no service. for all the money they require for said service and insurance. auction houses charge 22.5% to the seller and same to the buyer. that mean's 45% of all money recieved for "your" item end's up in there pocket's. rediculas!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Re: ot; eBay screwing us again!

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Maybe you'll get enough new buyers to offset your added fees.

As a buyer, it's a pain to run and get a money order then drop it in the mail, not knowing when it will show up for the seller. Much easier to pay with a few clicks. In fact, I usually won't even bid if they don't take PayPal.

Just ship with DC and insure more expensive items and you shouldn't have any problem.

Fees are part of eBay/PayPal.
    Greg I agree what a pain it is to wait for a money order in the mail. I use a PO Box and when I am expecting money orders I often check my mail more often just to ship quickly.

Then again, I believe this new eBay policy is another step in the wrong direction. No reason to force people to have an electronic bank account if they do not have one. I have a friend who is a PowerSeller who for some dumb reason does not accept PayPal and is leaving eBay to sit on his trading cards since he cannot sell them on eBay anymore.

I think some people just want to pay the fees for mail and a money order - Silly as it sounds it may hurt eBay and seller of lower end items in the long run. Even though PayPal is simple and easy, some people still live in the last century.

No reason to force people to have an electronic bank account if they do not have one.
    Yeah, I'd have no interest in giving Paypal my banking information. Luckily, I joined PP so long ago (before they changed the rules), I have no credit limit and can just keep rolling with my registered CC. I'll be unverified for life.

I just sold something to a guy in Canada who insisted on sending me a money order (hiding the purchase from his better half), even though I prefer Paypal. I'd rather eat the $3-4 than have to wait for payment, and then drive down to the bank to cash it.

I have no credit limit and can just keep rolling with my registered CC. I'll be unverified for life.
    Hope you dont find something you really want, to only find out the seller only accepts verified members

Hope you dont find something you really want, to only find out the seller only accepts verified members
    I don't know if I've ever seen that stipulation listed by a seller. Maybe once. I know many people seem to get 'verified' and 'confirmed' confused as it relates to Paypal. I understand why sellers would hesitate shipping to an unconfirmed address. Is there any dangers for a seller selling to an unverified Paypal member?

Banned

I don't know if I've ever seen that stipulation listed by a seller. Maybe once. I know many people seem to get 'verified' and 'confirmed' confused as it relates to Paypal. I understand why sellers would hesitate shipping to an unconfirmed address. Is there any dangers for a seller selling to an unverified Paypal member?
    I believe if the address is confirmed and the seller uses insurance all is safe and well unless the unthinkable happens.

Banned

Yeah, I'd have no interest in giving Paypal my banking information. Luckily, I joined PP so long ago (before they changed the rules), I have no credit limit and can just keep rolling with my registered CC. I'll be unverified for life.

I just sold something to a guy in Canada who insisted on sending me a money order (hiding the purchase from his better half), even though I prefer Paypal. I'd rather eat the $3-4 than have to wait for payment, and then drive down to the bank to cash it.
    My no PayPal friend stopped taking Canadian money orders. I believe he said they take three weeks to clear and payment can be stopped easily on them. I guess he got burned on one.

Cool Re: ot; ebay screwing us again!

PayPal fees don't bother me as a seller one bit. I'm in the minority I'm sure but in all reality, when I sell anything I factor in the fees, or simply just let it be and I guess you could say I eat the fee. I have no issues paying them a service fee since I can get paid instantly. Sure, sometimes my profit is very small and to most not worth the time/effort but it's getting rid of the item that means more to me for the sake of space.

When I sell I NEVER tell anyone, sure I'll take PayPal but ONLY if you add xxx for the fees. Wrong.. factor that into your sell price or take the hit. In fact I just paid someone elses upfront fees but only because it was something I really wanted. I guess I don't mind it so much unless the person outright says they want extra for fees. It's not chemical engineering.. factor in estimated fees to your (minimum if an auction)asking price and you're set.

In the end, having to make less trips to the bank or the local MO place saves me time and theoreticaly gets my items to me quicker. I'm all in favor of the new change and welcome it with open arms.
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & Anything of Felix Hernandez or Richie Sexson.

-Jeremy Morgan