Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Jim McMahon game used jersey on Ebay

I've reviewed Getty images for comparison and note the following.

Because of the lack of the NFL shield on the V neck this would have to be a 1990 jersey (shield was added in 1991).

First, I could find no 1990 shots of McMahon after he was picked up by the Eagles, but 1991 shots clearly show shorter, tailored sleeves cut closer to the Eagles logo on the sleeves. Not at all like this jersey.

Further, 1990 shots of Reggie White and other Eagles with a '9' in their jersey numbers clearly show a different font (easily identified by the inside of the '9') than this jersey.

The foregoing, combined with the tagging, would lead me to believe this jersey wasn't used in a game. The only wear mentioned is the possibility of coffee stains, which certainly contributes naught to authenticity. Personally, I would want to see some style matching photographic evidence before I would feel comfortable enough to bid.

ok lisa here again... I did not say it has coffee stains, only that was how I described the look of the stains. I have now posted all my proof of all of my stories and as far as "lisa's belly" i gave birth to my first son on june 17, 1994. so the 93-94 basketball season i was pregnant. If this is not enough proof, i can not help anyone anymore. i would like to see other people have as much proof as i do.
    very sincerely,
    lisa

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    I've reviewed Getty images for comparison and note the following.

Because of the lack of the NFL shield on the V neck this would have to be a 1990 jersey (shield was added in 1991).

First, I could find no 1990 shots of McMahon after he was picked up by the Eagles, but 1991 shots clearly show shorter, tailored sleeves cut closer to the Eagles logo on the sleeves. Not at all like this jersey.

Further, 1990 shots of Reggie White and other Eagles with a '9' in their jersey numbers clearly show a different font (easily identified by the inside of the '9') than this jersey.

The foregoing, combined with the tagging, would lead me to believe this jersey wasn't used in a game. The only wear mentioned is the possibility of coffee stains, which certainly contributes naught to authenticity. Personally, I would want to see some style matching photographic evidence before I would feel comfortable enough to bid.

Hi Lisa...

Is there a tag in the collar of the jersey?...it looks that way from the pictures...

I have seen a lot of Russel jerseys from this era, and have never seen an additional tag in the collar

Banned

It appears all your letters refer to an autographed football or footballs, none address this jersey from what I see in your listing. I don't know who gave you the jersey or if you even specifically recall, but what you have appears to be a retail jersey to me, certainly it shows several inconsistencies which I and others have noted in this thread.

I do applaud you for the approach you've taken with your listing, you appear to be doing your best to be open and honest about the item.

Hi Lisa,

Please don't misunderstand what the members here are doing... I think all of us believe you are telling the truth in regards to how you received your jersey(s). What is being questioned is whether Brian Barker stretched the truth a little when he gave the McMahon jersey to you. OR, whether McMahon stretched the truth when he gave the jersey to Barker.

What we do in this forum is compare jerseys in question to photographic evidence, as well as known examples of tagging, manufacturer, applicable patches, etc. Many star players have been known to order extra jerseys to give away to fans and friends, and to trade with other players. Often, these "extra" jerseys are different (if you know what to look for) than the jerseys that are worn in games.

Once again, thanks for coming here to address those who are questioning the jersey. There are members here who literally own dozens of Eagles game-used jerseys, and know a thing or two about what to look for. In no way, shape or form is anyone here doubting how you received the item.

Regards -- Anthony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

I have seen, and own, several jerseys with Russell collar tags from late 80's to 91. Most were move by the team Eq staff. Examples attached.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Hello everyone,

Lisa here again. As far as my letters referring to this jersey, no I do not have one. The letters were for everyone to see that i am telling the truth about my store, my trading, my location, my relationships etc. We had tons of these letters from people, most of them not specifying an item. Mostly just a thank you, and almost all of these got thrown away not thinking they would be needed.
    As far as this jersey goes, I can tell you there is no way this is a retail jersey, it would fit no one....unless you have a 50 inch chest and a 28 inch waist. Very funky fit. At this point I have relisted it, I have taken off the "game worn" just because as I said numerous times already, I did not see him wear it, remove it, then hand it.
    I have this jersey at $20.00 starting bid, not $2,000.00, so bid if you want or don't bid. Makes no difference to me.
    I truely appreciate all the comments, positive and negative. I do not have a dishonest bone in my body. I will be listing a lot of my stuff in the very near future, I have tons of basketballs, (even a dream team basketball when malone and stockton played with olympic team) footballs, shoes, jerseys.
    if anyone has any questions, you can e-mail me directly at lou3alex2@aol.com .
    Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.
    Lisa Fanning

Hi Roger,
    That is the exact tag on the front of the jersey. Exactly even down to the WPL 7232.
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    I have seen, and own, several jerseys with Russell collar tags from late 80's to 91. Most were move by the team Eq staff. Examples attached.

Roger

Hi Roger (again),
    I compared and my jersey has that same material on the top portion of the jersey as your blue one. The stitching is exactly the same. Thanks for the closeups.
    lisa

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post

Roger

Banned

Lisa,

If you are comparing the 2 pictures of the tags the one in your auction to Rogers they are way different. You just have to look at the one in the picture of yours and Rogers to see the difference. Rogers is in the collar yours is on the front bottom tail. His has the extra tag attatched on the bottom of the tag yours does not.

Iam sorry to say that the jersey you have is a RETAIL GAME READY jersey. There is no if ands or but's on this one. Goodluck with your auction.