Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jim McMahon game used jersey on Ebay

I have recently come across a listing on ebay for a supposed game worn Jim McMahon jersey. I only own one game worn jersey and I am trying to get as much information as possible on how to verify its authenticity. I wrote to the seller and she stated that former Eagles punter Brain Barker gave it to her in exchange for her merchandise. She claims that her and her husband owned a store in a Denver Mall where many visiting players frequented, and it was attached the the visitors hotel. Her husband became very friendly with many players and bartered sunglasses and watches for memorabilia. This jersey is from about 1992 and is produced by wilson. What specifics should I be looking for the determine the authenticity? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Banned

Re: Jim McMahon game used jersey on Ebay

This looks like a store model jersey IMO.

I may be wrong but the tagging should not look the way it is along with the tag in the collar as well.

I just have never seen that tagging on a gamer before.

Banned

almost forgot in 1991 and 1992 they had the NFL shield on the front V. The first pic is from 1991 and the 2nd if from 1992. 1992 also had a patch on the jersey as you can see from the 2nd picture.

I also question the " Tim Brown Game Used Jersey" as well.

Hello, I am Lisa, the one with the listings. Just to start off, I want everyone to know a little about me. Please look at my e-bay account. I am 100% positive and have no lower than a 4.92 in all DSR's. I am the real thing. Also I have removed the McMahon jersey until i am satisfied that everyone else is satisfied.
    Now I could be off a month or two about dates that i am about to give you, so do not hold me to exact dates. In late 1989 we opened a watch cart at the Tabor Center in downtown Denver, then in early 1991 we were given the opportunity to open a watch kiosk, which we did and it was along the railing in the food court on the third level. Then in late 1991 the sunglass kiosk went out of business and we were approached by the Tabor center to open one which we did (on the first floor, directly below our watch kiosk). The watch kiosk was TIMES UP and the sunglass kiosk was SUNS UP. Owned by LOU AND LISA FANNING.
    The teams would stay at the Westin Hotel which was attached to the Tabor Center. There was a small walkway you could take to get to the food court from the hotel. Because of their "celebrity" the players only went to the food court. They would not have to walk into our store, because we were a kiosk. My husband (very likeable) made friends with all that came by. Went up to their rooms and Would bring them their OAKLEYS, MAUI JIMS, REVOS, ETC., what ever they wanted and he would tell them what we wanted in exchange. The players would have their assistants (towel boy, equipment managers, etc.) and relay to them what to send us. They were happy and we were happy. That is how we got started with our massive sports collection. So I just want all to know, when we received this jersey from Brian Barker we have to trust it is what it is. My husband who is 6' tall and weighs 200lbs can slip this on and it is huge in the shoulders and sooo tight in the mid section. This is not a jersey that would sell in any retail store. It would fit no one. I told the guy who started this post that I would be willing to sent it to him so he could examine it. I really do not know what the answer is, but I pulled it anyway. I do not want anyone to question me at all. And since I did not see Tim Brown take the jersey off his back after a game and personally hand it to me, I have changed that listing also. So with all my info out there, please verify everything I claim. Thank You All So Much. Lisa

After great thought and looking at all the pictures. i have decided to relist my item. Some Jerseys have that "patch on the shoulder and some don't. The jersey I have also has his name on a "patch" sewn on the jersey. The style is exactly the same as in the pictures. They make many jerseys for the players as you can see in all the pictures They are all different jerseys (some with patches, some without, some with a small "c" and some with a large "C". i did find letters from T.C. and Brian Barker on letterhead that I am also going to post about misc items that they sent me and referring to my "pregnancy and my new son" which was born 6-17-94. Just to prove to everyone What i say is the truth. Thank you and i will post the letters with the mcmahon jersey. Lisa

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lou3alex2 View Post
    After great thought and looking at all the pictures. i have decided to relist my item. Some Jerseys have that "patch on the shoulder and some don't. The jersey I have also has his name on a "patch" sewn on the jersey. The style is exactly the same as in the pictures. They make many jerseys for the players as you can see in all the pictures They are all different jerseys (some with patches, some without, some with a small "c" and some with a large "C". i did find letters from T.C. and Brian Barker on letterhead that I am also going to post about misc items that they sent me and referring to my "pregnancy and my new son" which was born 6-17-94. Just to prove to everyone What i say is the truth. Thank you and i will post the letters with the mcmahon jersey. Lisa
    McMahon did join the Eagles in 1990, the year before the NFL shield was placed on the V neck in the front, meaning IF your jersey is legit it would have to be from 90. Are there any dates on any of the tags? Because if dated after 1990, it'd be pretty suspect.

Hello MVANDOR,
    Thanks for the info. No i could not find any dates, but if you saw this jersey you would see that there is no way this is a "retail" jersey. I just relisted the jersey to start at 6:00pm pacific time. so you will be able to see all my letters and info. I did have bids and wish people knew what they were talking about before posting me as someone who might be listing fake items. some stuff i did buy but most of my stuff was given to me by the players. only one time did a player not send me my goods and that was lamar lathan with houston oilers (back then). hopefully he sees this and feels bad and contacts me. (i'm not holding my breath). thanks for the info. i truely appreciate it. Lisa Fanning

this jersey is not wilson it is russell

whats link for this mcmahon jersey on ebay ??
    lmk thanks
    marcus

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mchmaj View Post
    whats link for this mcmahon jersey on ebay ??
    lmk thanks
    marcus
    Here is the original listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JIM-MCMAHON-GAME...QQcmdZViewItem

I guess the new listing starts in a half hour tonight!