Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Need Input : Best time to end an auction on ebay

Just wondering, from all of your experiences, what is the best time to end an auction on ebay. I once heard on Monday evening. Thanks.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Re: Need Input : Best time to end an auction on ebay

I've heard Sunday nights are really good because most people are home and primetime TV shows aren't on. The bulk of auctions I go for end on Sunday nights.
    Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

I've asked before and was told Sunday night was best, but for some strange reason items I've sold have sold best on Friday night instead.

I actually read an article that said Saturdays and Sundays were the best. I agree that Sunday evenings seem to work well.

Ken

Banned

Re: Need Input : Best time to end an auction on eBay

I have found in this modern age of technology that my listings that end generally Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons do best. Now, many people use bid-snipers and other tools, so often the end time is not as important as it used to be, but it is nice for the exposure while people are at work playing on their PCs.

I have generally had success by making sure that my auctions end between 6 and 7 PM (West Coast time) as that ensures that a large percentage of people are at home across the country --6 PM West, -- 7 PM Nevada and whatever other states are in that zone -- 8 PM Central --and 9 PM East Coast... I am not sure that it makes a big difference though, as Joel pointed out.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com