Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

American Memorabilia-whoops!!!!

Forum Readers-

American Memorabila currently has in auction a "1999 Will Clark Orioles BP"
    http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...rby=&tfm_order=

WHOOPS!!!!!

Note the MLB logo on the back of the neck of this "Will Clark" jersey. The teams began incorporating this in 2000, not 1999. Clark switched numbers in 2000, and was not wearing 12.

As such, how can this possibly be offered as a "Will clark 1999 jersey"??????

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Re: American Memorabilia-whoops!!!!

Under that decription, when you click on the "Lou Lampson" box, you see the following:

As part of an agreement between SCD Authentic and 100% Authentic, a division of American Memorabilia, Lampson will analyze submissions of items in his fields of expertise as part of SCD Authentic's new equipment authentication service.

Should AMI update this information since SCDA no longer exists?

Banned

eBay accepts SCDA as an approved authenticator, but they have no idea of who MEARS is when I spoke to them on the telephone the other day.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/auth-overview.html

It's pretty obvious that the PANTS in this ensamble got re-issued at some point...could the jersey have been, as well? Would REALLY like to see the tagging and Majestic sleeve logo before I say anything else...

Banned

OK LISTEN EVERYONE!!!

I am starting to notice this is consistent of Lou Lampson to falsely describe item many time it has been brought up here item that have Lampson COA'S an that they were wrong and proven wrong. Does anyone think that he might actually be doing it on purpose? If so shouldnt there be something done about this? Shouldnt he be reported to someone? Passing off a false authentication is just as bad as making a forgery of a jersey!!!!!

Banned

Jason, I am sorry, I am not a fan of Lou Lampson, but I must tell you, I don't believe Lou is intentionally writing letters for items that he doesn't believe to be genuine. From my associates who have met Lou and dealt with him over the years, I would venture to guess that your accusations are based on the items that have been brought to your attention on this forum as he must authenticate thousands of genuine items that you never pay attention to since they are not questioned.

Why would Lou authenticate an item as genuine knowing it wasn't? He doesn't make any more money for writing a letter that an item is good or if it is bad.

Banned

Well first of all it was a thought!!! thats all it just seems pretty strange even for thousands of Authentications that he does that so many do get by that are false. I can understand maybe once in a blue moon ( we as humans are all entitled to make mistakes ), but with him in that past couple of months in this forum there must have been 5 or 6 already that are false.

Your asking me why would he pass fake LOAS? you say he wont make any more money regardless if he does or doesnt.

How about he makes money period doing it!!!!!

That would mean I can take up a new career passing fake LOA'S WHY? Bcuz according to you if i do ten or a thousand its irrelevant i still will make the same salary.

I am gonna start looking into this new carrer endeavor of mine!!!!

Banned

No you are not changing careers.

I just was stating, if Lou authenticates for as a few auction houses, he gets his full work and looks at quite a few items.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    OK LISTEN EVERYONE!!!

I am starting to notice this is consistent of Lou Lampson to falsely describe item many time it has been brought up here item that have Lampson COA'S an that they were wrong and proven wrong. Does anyone think that he might actually be doing it on purpose? If so shouldnt there be something done about this? Shouldnt he be reported to someone? Passing off a false authentication is just as bad as making a forgery of a jersey!!!!!
    Suave,

He make no more or less mistakes than Grey Flannel, leland's, MEARS, etc. They all make mistakes..There are thousands of items offered by these auction houses and yet no one on this board ever talks much about the 95% that are good , onlt the 5% that are bad. Why? Because cotroversial authentcations give us all something to talk about. ...."Sex sells" my friend and in this forum sex= "a mistake by the authenticators"......What fun is it to come up here and announce that the authenticators got "jersey A in Auction house A" correct. So this forum, by its nature, is going to disproportionately weigh and discuss authenticators failures much more than their successes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU
    He make no more or less mistakes than Grey Flannel, leland's, MEARS, etc. They all make mistakes..There are thousands of items offered by these auction houses and yet no one on this board ever talks much about the 95% that are good , onlt the 5% that are bad. Why? Because cotroversial authentcations give us all something to talk about. ...."Sex sells" my friend and in this forum sex= "a mistake by the authenticators"......What fun is it to come up here and announce that the authenticators got "jersey A in Auction house A" correct. So this forum, by its nature, is going to disproportionately weigh and discuss authenticators failures much more than their successes.
    Great reply.

I stopped watching the evening news about ten years ago. I got tired of them glorifying people's problems. Same thing here, we glorify the bad and don't always bring up the good.