Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What satisfaction do bidders get out of doing this?

We all have expressed the many frustrations we have had when dealing with bidders.

One that really gets on my nerves is when you are selling a high dollar item, and someone makes an offer of $1, $5, or $10 for it.

Banned

Re: What satisfaction do bidders get out of doing this?

When that happens on an item I have, I just ignore the offer and place that person on my "restricted bidder" list.

Their joke has cost them any chance in the future to bid on my items, and hopefully, they will see something they really want.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    When that happens on an item I have, I just ignore the offer and place that person on my "restricted bidder" list.

Their joke has cost them any chance in the future to bid on my items, and hopefully, they will see something they really want.
    Sammy, I also do the same. I even had one biidder email me when they tried to bid again on one of my items they really wanted, and they found themselves blocked.

Simple explanation:

ebay is slam-full of morons.

Uneducated buyers are the worst.Another thing I hate when a seller has an item for $250 or BO and you offer him $200 and he comes back with $245 what is the point of the Best offer?

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post

We all have expressed the many frustrations we have had when dealing with bidders.

One that really gets on my nerves is when you are selling a high dollar item, and someone makes an offer of $1, $5, or $10 for it.

You guys have to start using the AUTO DECLINE feature. Out of sight, out of mind. There are idiots everywhere!!!!

Here's an idiot I Auto Declined:

User ID holyspartan489 ( 24) Not a registered user US $1.00 You automatically declined Dec-27-07 14:11:07 PST95070

This screenshot shows what the seller is shown when setting up the Best Offer feature. Simply click on Automatically decline offers lower than $_______ The bidder gets an immediate email that they have been declined.

Name:  imgBestOffer03.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  53.6 KB

Originally Posted by 34swtns Simple explanation:

ebay is slam-full of morons.
    eBay is a mirror image of society. There are morons everywhere. Don't you wish you had AUTO DECLINE when some moron comes to your place of business and says something totally moronic---kind of like the trap door in the floor like on the Adam's Family.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    You guys have to start using the AUTO DECLINE feature. Out of sight, out of mind. There are idiots everywhere!!!!

Here's an idiot I Auto Declined:

User ID holyspartan489 ( 24) Not a registered user US $1.00 You automatically declined Dec-27-07 14:11:07 PST95070

This screenshot shows what the seller is shown when setting up the Best Offer feature. Simply click on Automatically decline offers lower than $_______ The bidder gets an immediate email that they have been declined.

Attachment 17543

eBay is a mirror image of society. There are morons everywhere. Don't you wish you had AUTO DECLINE when some moron comes to your place of business and says something totally moronic---kind of like the trap door in the floor like on the Adam's Family.
    Andrew, thanks! I'll start using that feature.

I never thought I would have so many bidders on my restricted list. It's sad. And, yes, I wish I had that feature in real life. For those of you that don't know, I work in arguably the biggest bar in Texas. You can only imagine how many idiots I see on a regular basis.

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by intheminors View Post
    I never thought I would have so many bidders on my restricted list. It's sad. And, yes, I wish I had that feature in real life. For those of you that don't know, I work in arguably the biggest bar in Texas. You can only imagine how many idiots I see on a regular basis.

Kyle

As a grade-school teacher, I have always said DARE would be much more effective if we took a field trip to a bar at 1:30 am. Sit and listen to the drunks for a while, kiddies, and see if you want to be one!!

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

I'm not advocating this technique, but I know an eBay seller who told a non-payer that, unless he paid, he would set up multiple phony accounts and start bidding in his auctions and not paying. The buyer paid right away.