Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Help with Uggla bat

Was wondering if there are any Marlins or Uggla collectors who can help me out with this bat. The bat came directly from Uggla. I am close friends with his girlfriends sister and she got the bat directly from him. It seems to have his underlined number 6 on the nob which is consistent with what I have seen on the internet, but then someone added a number 2 next the the 6 making it a number 29. Looks like there was a late season call up on the roster by the name of Gabby Sanchez who wore the number 29 and had only 8 at bats. Would it be reasonable to assume that a guy like Sanchez would get the bat, label it with his number, use it, and then give it back? Any thoughts. I have thought of trying to get the question back to Uggla, but I don't want to be a pain in the rear. He was kind enough to get the bat for me. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Help with Uggla bat

Masimen,
    I have an Uggla and it is just like yours. The tape is Uggla's, the tar and the underlined 6. I think it is safe to assume that Uggla used this bat and then loaned it to the call up player. You have great provenance so I think you have a gamer also used by another player.

Scott

You have a two for one.

Thanks for you thoughts on this. Much appreciated!

Now That I am looking at the GUU auction, I see an Uggla bat that was also used by Hanley Ramirez where he has crossed out the 6 and put a 2 in the exact same place as my bat. My bat may have even been used by Ramirez and not the late season call up.