Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

American Memorabilia-whoops 2!!!!

Forum and NMBA jersey readers:

Please see the following "Dr. J. championship warm-ups" in the current American Memorabila auction:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ll%20Game-Used

The Sixers won the title in 1983. I have Ervings road warm-ups from the championship season. They are tagged the same as the above example (Wilson, Pearson, etc.), however, as they should be, are tagged 82 6, not 83 6. The year in the warm-ups should be when the season started, not when it ended. As such, the correct identification in the 1983 Erving championship warmups should read 82 6 (season started around October, 1982 and ended in May, 1983).

Just a heads up.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Re: American Memorabilia-whoops 2!!!!

So Howard, do you believe the item is genuine from a year later than advertised? Also, is there a chance they were ordered in the second half of the season, thus tagged that way?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    So Howard, do you believe the item is genuine from a year later than advertised? Also, is there a chance they were ordered in the second half of the season, thus tagged that way?
    Joel-
    The item is 100% legit from the 1983/84 season. No doubt, it's real and correctly tagged. What it's not, however, is from the 1982/83 championship season. I have Ervings road warmups from 1982/3, and they were obtained directly from a 76'ers employee after the championship season.

The American Memorabilia warmups are just not identified correctly.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Cool, I just thought I'd have you clarify your post.

I would assume back then the players didn't have more than one set of warm-ups in a season, but I guess anything is possible.

Banned

Joel-
    As I originally posted, these are from 1983/84, not the championship season 1982/83 as noted in Lou Lampson's LOA. The listing at American Memorabilia has now been revised to reflect the correct years.

FYI
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I had emailed Tony about this and the Will Clark BP jersey earlier today. Possibly this was in response to our conversation.
    Eric