Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Question to all game used bat collectors.

When collecting game used bats of your favorite player, do you try to collect one each of all different makes and models that player used?

Banned

Re: Question to all game used bat collectors.

Good question. I don't because that could add up to several bats and a lot of money, so I'm happy with a bat or two with no preference to the same model or different models.

I was told that many game used bat collectors prefer a bat that the player is known for using most of their career. If they used a different model earlier in the career, most still prefer the players most used model.

Myself, I like a bat that the player is known for using a short period of time. Reason: How many can there be out there

My goal for bat collecting is to get an outstanding example of one bat for each labeling period that the guy played for the Brewers.

So, for Yount for example: I want a LVS for 1973-75, 1976, 1977-79, etc.

For guys who used a lot of Adirondacks in the 80's, of course, you have to get a different bat for each year. This should keep me busy my whole life
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

I collect every make an model Kingman bat the man touched. I do that as he has always been my favorite player since I was a kid.

Other guys I collect, it is just 1 bat from every team: example Thome - I'd like a Indians, Phils and Sox bat. Have the bases covered with exception to the Phils as I rec'd an email today about 1 available and it was sold in my guess before the email went out. Doesn't matter how many times I post here I was a Thome Phils bat...apparently nobody sees it. Adam Dunn, same thing, 1 from each team, McGwire, still looking for a Cards bat (good luck).

RK

I would love to collect every model/label period for Don Mattingly. But, George has them all . Seriously, Mattingly's stuff is just too expensive for me. So, I have a 83-85 and a 86-89. That's when he was the best player I had ever seen, so that is enough for now.

Justin Morneau is my current favorite and I am on a mission to get a bat from every pro season. So far, I have a 2002, 2003, 2-2004 (different models), and a 2007. I'm hoping to get a 2006. The rest will come (hopefully).

Its a heck of a lot easier to get the current ones than the old ones...and (for the most part), a lot cheaper.

Mike

I am trying to collect every Joe Mauer bat company, model number, and color combination that was issued to him. I have 17 different right now, along with a few others on the side.

Chris
    staindsox@hotmail.com

Chris,
    I'd love to see those Mauer bats (being a big fan myself). If you wouldn't mind, could you please send me some pics. dixey2044@msn.com

Thanks.

Mike