Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 1980's Houston Astros question...

thanks for the responses to my previous question. got some better pics of the back of the 1975 astros jerseys than i had previously.

don't have pics of the backs of jerseys with the digits 0,1,6,7 but got a fair idea what they generally look like through a suggestion to look at the pants from 75-76.

i have another related question. does anyone have an astros jersey or replica astros jersey from 1975. if so could you measure have tall and wide the back numbers are, and the diameter of the circle on the back.

Banned

Here are some pics of the back of a 1975 Astros jersey. The number measures 6" tall and just over 4" wide. The white circle measures 11" in diameter. Notice the white circle is sewn direct into the jersey, while the blue numbers are screened on. Finally, just above the white circle is a screen printed orange semi-circle. The nameplate is double stitched navy letters on white nameplate. Hope this helps!

Name:  DSCF1602.JPG
Views: 3315
Size:  80.4 KB

Name:  DSCF1603.JPG
Views: 1081
Size:  121.2 KB

Thanks to all that posted and emailed pics and gave info. on the sizes of numbers and back circle of the 70's astros jerseys.

I haven't done anything with my baseball 'rainbow' jersey, but I have customized the blank hockey goalie rainbow jersey i got off ebay a while ago.

Apparently the Las Vegas Wranglers of the ECHL used this style of jersey for a game in dec'06. (they had their only logo and font).

To the front I added the 'astros' name and the large star. To the back i added the circle and number, the orange above the circle and a name bar with name.

here's a couple pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

Ah, Chris...excellent Jutze gamer...an ex-Astro known to 1970s era colectors like myself as being one of the Baseball Answer Men (along with Bob Watson) in the John Stommen-owned SCD.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

the 1976 rainbow by sandknit had a sewn on star on the front, and numbers... with the bi centennial patch

I don't think the last thread is correct. I think the Astros and the star on fhe front of a 1976 Astros Rainbow (w/ N.L. patch) are both screened on.

Does anyone out there have an all original 1976 Astros Rainbow?

The star on the front of all the 1970s rainbows were definitely screened. The "Astros" letters on the front were also screened.

Banned

Yes, the Front "Astros," front star, and back numbers are all screened on the 1976 Full rainbows made by Sandknit.

Thanks,

Lookin' for a Gordie (Gordon) Pladson gamer. He played for the Astros for parts of four seasons, '79 - '82. Any style.

Thanks, Marty

PM Me.

Sorry for posting my 'Want' in the general discussion section, just came across this old thread. -Marty