Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Shea Demolition on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2_dWZ32gYo&NR=1

If anyone is interest there some Shea demolition videos on youtube.

There's also a nice Shea demo thread on www.baseball-fever.com with tons of photos.

-David

Re: Shea Demolition on YouTube

its a shame that the scoreboard couldnt have been donated to a school

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    its a shame that the scoreboard couldnt have been donated to a school
    It would'nt be worth it, it would cost way to much to move that huge scoreboard and set it up, you could probably donate 10 new scoreboards to local high schools for the cost of moving just one.

Based on this thread I passed by Shea today with a friend. I promised myself to not go over there because I knew I would have to go in one last time and that could be trouble. We worked our way towards the left field corner and I saw that the fence there had a space you could squeeze in. So,like James Earl Jones walking into the cornfield I slipped through and walked into the visitors bullpen. There was no demolition on Sunday and it was dead quiet. It was the first time I walked into Shea and saw nobody. I walked timidly into left field and I immediately thought of the explorers who travel down to the Titanic and try to visualize where things used to be. Below are photos from today that someone else took.
    A security guard soon approached and was very nice about telling me I had to leave. I went from feeling like Terrance Mann to Richard Dryfuss in Close Encounters,trying to explain why as an adult,I was driven to illegally enter and stand on a pile of dirt.

Wow Pretty Cool.should Have At Least Grabbed Some Dirt.

It's a shame Meigray only had two weeks to take down all the items. No doubt we probably see some of the left over signs and pieces of facade on ebay sold by the lucky demolition folks.

Thanks for sharing the photos Robert. I ve been tempted to go down to Shea to check things out but with all the demo photos and updates on baseball-fever it not necessary.

Those brick lying on the ground look mighty tempting

David

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    It's a shame Meigray only had two weeks to take down all the items. No doubt we probably see some of the left over signs and pieces of facade on ebay sold by the lucky demolition folks.

Thanks for sharing the photos Robert. I ve been tempted to go down to Shea to check things out but with all the demo photos and updates on baseball-fever it not necessary.

Those brick lying on the ground look mighty tempting

David
    So do the Mens Room signs still affixed to the doors...