Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Classic eBay story!

I would just stick a mailing label directly on each bat and see if the post office will just ship them unboxed...

After reading this thread, wouldn't it be a good idea to compile a list of buyers on ebay that we can all block? It's not like we are slandering anybody by doing this. We just choose not to do business with someone trying to use the new ebay rules to screw the seller. I for one don't want to run into this guy or any other buyer who thinks they can control sellers.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

I would gladly like the guy's eBay user ID also, please email me at joel@alpert.net

If you don't mind, please send me the ID as well so I can block him.
    I am at :
    matt@waldenvc.com

And I also support a thread of place we can identify troublesome bidders in the interests of all.

Matt

not sure if this applies exactly, but i was looking at a ebay note i received when i logged in today about the new paypal protection. here is a small portion on coverage:

13.3 PayPal Buyer Protection
    1. What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal Buyer Protection?
      You must meet all of these requirements:
      • Use PayPal to purchase an eligible item on eBay.
      • Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible.
      • Send the payment to the seller through:
        • The eBay "Pay Now" button or the eBay invoice, or

• The "Send Money" tab on your PayPal account overview page by selecting "Pay for eBay Items" and entering your eBay User ID and the eBay item number.
      • Open a Dispute within 45 days of the date you sent the payment – then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution.
      • Keep your PayPal account in good standing.
    notice the section that says you must pay the FULL amount to be covered. if he altered the shipping amount during checkout wouldn't that void the policy? he didn't pay the full amount right? ok, just my opinion.

mark

Quote Originally Posted by markize View Post
    not sure if this applies exactly, but i was looking at a ebay note i received when i logged in today about the new paypal protection. here is a small portion on coverage:

13.3 PayPal Buyer Protection
    1. What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal Buyer Protection?
      You must meet all of these requirements:
      • Use PayPal to purchase an eligible item on eBay.
      • Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments – like a deposit followed by a final payment – are not eligible.
      • Send the payment to the seller through:
        • The eBay "Pay Now" button or the eBay invoice, or
        • The "Send Money" tab on your PayPal account overview page by selecting "Pay for eBay Items" and entering your eBay User ID and the eBay item number.
      • Open a Dispute within 45 days of the date you sent the payment – then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution.
      • Keep your PayPal account in good standing.
    notice the section that says you must pay the FULL amount to be covered. if he altered the shipping amount during checkout wouldn't that void the policy? he didn't pay the full amount right? ok, just my opinion.

mark
    No, you are correct, he did not pay the full amount, because he was sent two separate invoices, both requesting $10 shipping. Not sure what would have happened had I kept the money, but to me that wasn't an option. Once I made up my mind that we weren't going to complete the deal, I refunded his money.

Please send me this idiots ID so I can ban him as well.

This is a headache I do not need.

sorry.

Here is my email

gsurwillo@msn.com

Re: Classic eBay story! IT GETS BETTER

Had a run in with the same guy and for all of your enjoyment I attach the exhange I had with him below. Complete with a threat of federal lawsuit for not selling him a 9.99 bat. Frankly I don't know why I played it out as long as I did. At the end of the day he ended up buying several bats and paid a fair price for shipping. Stupidly I did not act quickly enough to block him from bidding on my other items.
    The inexcusible thing was that I put the terms of shipping in caps in the listing. I leave to you to describe his conduct. Being an attorney I had a good laugh at the ending stuff. I have put this in chronological order.

-----Original Message-----
    To: soxbats@aol.com
    Sent: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 5:52 pm
    Subject: Re: Item #150298402182 - Notification of an Instant Payment Received
    Please advise actual shipping cost via Usps priority mail in their free mail cardboard box. I get these from all over the US daily and price ranges from $4 to $7. I sent you $8. Please send out ASAP. Thanks!
    On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 7:23 PM, <soxbats@aol.com> wrote:
    sorry, the listing was not for actual shipping, it was for shipping and handling. I have to pay someone to put together, stuff and take to the post office. That is why the listing clearly stated in the actual description what the shipping and handling cost was. If you are not willing to pay the shipping and handling listed in the ad, less the $2.00 discount I was willing to give, then we can simply mutually cancel the transaction. In the future, please raise these issues before purchasing.
    Thank you and have a nice day.
    To: <soxbats@aol.com>
    Sent: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:32 pm

A contract is a contract, if you like I will report you to ebay as you have now broken two key policies.. breach of contract and excessive shipping. Ebay allows sellers to charge actual shipping. Send this item out ASAP.
    On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 11:02 PM, <soxbats@aol.com> wrote:

First, you began this by disregarding my original invoice and listing. If you had an issue with the shipping I wish you would simply have raised it from the outset. Instead you modified the invoice sent to you by ebay to lower the shipping charge without even discussing the issue. I try to avoid this issue by listing the charge in CAPITAL LETTERS in the listing.
    Further, you have misstated the rule at ebay. It does not say that you are only to charge actual shipping costs, it states that you can charge "Handling Fee: Actual packaging materials costs may be charged. A handling fee in addition to actual shipping cost may be charged if it is not excessive." If you go to ebay and look at the shipping and handling charges for game used bats you will see that they range from $8.75 to $25 for shipping USPS priority, which I also do with delivery confirmation.

The charge of $12 is not excessive and I stand by it.
    I have never ever had a negative feedback on ebay since 1997 and I have sold and purchased hundreds of bats and other items. I have paid shipping and handling of this amount (and more) and consider it to be an industry standard charge. Indeed, when you list the bat, ebay tells you if your charge is above what is normally charged for this type of item,

If you refuse to pay and feel like you need to raise this with ebay that is certainly your right, but I will not be bullied.

Further, I will take whatever action is necessary to preserve my pristine ebay feedback score.
    Sent: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 4:31 pm

Sounds like you want a lose - lose scenario:
    I can provide your with your losses now if you desire
    1) Breach of contract with the courts
    2) Negative feedback
    3) Opening a formal complaint with ebay regarding refusal to sell seller
    4) Opening a formal complaint for your excessive shipping charges - when this item just needs to be put in a free usps priority mail box and shipped for 4-7$.
    Your choice sounds like you have selected the lose - lose strategy. Please confirm and I will immediately start the 4 processes above.

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 5:17 PM, <soxbats@aol.com> wrote:
    Sorry I will not be threatened by your rude and aggressive comments. Again, had you wanted to assert this position you could, and should, have done so before the auction ended and not after.

First go ahead and open a court case, I am familiar with the courts and it will cost me nothing to defend myself. I will insist that the matter occur in Pennsylvania.

Second, as you start that process do a little bit of research on what consitutes a breach of contract. There must be a meeting of the minds between the two parties. You were told what the price of shipping and handling was explicitly IN CAPITAL LETTERS in the description and by bidding you agreed to pay that price of shipping and handling. I never agreed that shipping and handling would be merely the cost of your postage. Therefore the only "contract" that exists is your agreement to pay $12 for shipping and handling on the bat.

Third, the rule that you repeatedly invoke regarding excessive shipping and handling is meant to prevent sellers from avoiding ebay fees by charging excessive shipping for which ebay does not get paid. It does not in any way prohibit reasonable charges for handling.
    Fourth, a review of my shipping charges, which include delivery confirmation, demonstrate they are well within the norm charged by numerous others on ebay for USPS and that will be compelling evidence of their appropriateness.

Finally, go ahead and report this to ebay, I would welcome a rational and reasoned response to this matter rather than your repeated threatening emails. If you want the bat you have purchased from me you will pay the shipping and handling that I proposed in an earlier email which was $10 plus whatever you want in insurance. If not, then I will report you for failing to pay the amount identified in the auction. As an aside, I think your position is absolutely rediculous as it boils down to a $10 bat and a couple of dollars in handling.

Have a nice day.

************************************************** *****************************
    Sent: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 11:29 pm

you will be the 3rd person I take to court for this issue. I have 2-2 and expect to be 3-3. My lawyer is very talented and we have done all cases in federal court, as this case is interstate commerce and will not be heard in VA or PA courts. We will file in Richmond or DC and you will be forced to come here. We will seek all court costs and all lawyer fees. Last case this was well over 10,000, in addition I will be seeking punitive damages of 250 per day for non performance. The judge or jury seated will determine the final value of this, when the case is concluded. See you in court in a few months.

************************************************** *****************************
    From Me:
    Interesting. Please provide me with your attorney's name and the federal civil action numbers for the cases that you have allegedly brought. Given that the jusisdictional minimum for any case brought in federal court is $75,000 I am having difficulty imagining how your very talented lawyer was able to pull that off.

Also, I question whether punitive damages of $250 per day will be appropriate when you have refused to pay the additioanl $4 dollars to receive the bat. Again, this is not a refusal to sell, it is your refusal to pay. Just so we are clear, when you pay the $19.99, and the money has cleared, you will received the bat.

How about you start with the first of many threats you have made and bring this to the attention of ebay as a seller dispute so that you can expalin to them why you failed to contact me to discuss the shipping and handling that was WRITTEN IN CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE ITEM before you bought it. Particularly after I reduced the charge from $12 to $10 as an accomodation despite your first threatening email.

Finally, my offer to have us both walk away from the transaction is still open. Given how much frustration and anger this is apprently causing you, I suggest that we just go this route.

Have a great day.

Please email me the bidder id as well so I can block this user from any auctions I might have. This guy is a piece of work. thanks
    themikechu@aol.com