Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Classic eBay story!

Ok, so I just sold some stuff on eBay. I have one buyer who won two bats (two separate auctions) from me. I sent invoices for both bats individually, didn't realize the same guy won both. In my auctions, I stated shipping was $10 for the bat. This guy pays me for both bats, gives me $8 shipping total combined for both bats (I would have combined at about $12 total, but c'mon), and here's what his instructions on the paypal payment say:
    "Note:Please send out all items won soon. Please leave me positive feedback for each and every item won - Today. Please include all items numbers and your ebay seller name with shipment. Thanks,*****"

Think the buyers have become ballsier????

Re: Classic eBay story!

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    Ok, so I just sold some stuff on eBay. I have one buyer who won two bats (two separate auctions) from me. I sent invoices for both bats individually, didn't realize the same guy won both. In my auctions, I stated shipping was $10 for the bat. This guy pays me for both bats, gives me $8 shipping total combined for both bats (I would have combined at about $12 total, but c'mon), and here's what his instructions on the paypal payment say:
    "Note:Please send out all items won soon. Please leave me positive feedback for each and every item won - Today. Please include all items numbers and your ebay seller name with shipment. Thanks,*****"

Think the buyers have become ballsier????
    This is ALL Ebays fault, its all about the buyers and the sellers can go pound sand, they are driving so many sellers away.

But is it really to the point where buyers can win the items and just pay what they want to pay, with no regard for the terms of the auction? Yes, I guess it is.

Oh, iti s getting better! I emailed him stating I was confused as to where he got his total that he paid. Here is the reply:

"I believe you can mail two bats to met in one free usps priority mail triangle long tube box for $8-$10. If it is a dollar or so more, please send me a paypal payment request for 1-2$ of actual cost more to cbs1997@gmail.com and it will then be promptly paid.

Thanks,
    *****"

Now mind you, nobody said we were charging actual shipping cost here. The auction said $10 flat shipping and handling. This guy just pays what he "believe"s is the right amount to pay for actual shipping. Hey, I'm not out to make a killing on shipping, but it costs gas and time to go to the post office and to package the damn thing! Like I say, this is classic!

Banned

I was an eBay power seller with Silver status until earlier this year.

Once eBay started kicking all sellers to the curb with their constant bulls*** changes, I dramatically reduced my selling on eBay. I might list one item every 3+ months.

Morons are in charge of eBay now, and they will continue to drive others away under their current policies.

The simple fact of the matter is that the "buyer" hasn't paid you for the items. He may have put down a deposit, but he hasn't fully paid for the items.
    Therefore, until you have full payment in hand, you should be within your rights to file a non-paying bidder notice on him.
    Should be...interesting...to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post

Once eBay started kicking all sellers to the curb with their constant bulls*** changes, I dramatically reduced my selling on eBay. I might list one item every 3+ months.

Morons are in charge of eBay now, and they will continue to drive others away under their current policies.
    Sammy,
    well said, I could not even tell you how many people I know quit selling or cut way back on the selling because of the hell with the sellers attitude and dont think the buyers have not taken notice, I am hearing more stories from sellers about non-payment and "what are you going to do to me" attitudes from buyers.......

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Ebay has let the "gen-Y" morons take over......they are clueless, as is pretty much the whole mentality of our country these days......and they are driving ebay into the ground head first. I was a Power Seller too.....now you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer???

ARE YOU KIDDING?

Ebay is lucky if I sell more than 4 items a year now. Lost my "Power Seller" status. Could care less.

Here's my quick story......sold a jersey back in November (early November), had a 10-day payment required, listed as plain as day on the auction. The jersey sold for over $2,000.00.

The reason I sold it was to raise money quickly for some debt I had due.

So, the buyer take 4 weeks to send me a PARTIAL PAYMENT, emailing me just 2 times along the way saying how he has "listed items on ebay to help pay for the jersey".

WHAT? Why is his financial situation now MY problem???

So, right before he makes the partial payment, he emails me and says he is "sending payment.....You should have it in a day or two...."

For the next 6 days, I am checking my mail as soon as I get home. Nothing. He keeps emailing me, asking me "Did you receice my payment yet??" I keep emailing him back saying "No, it didn't come today. I'm sure it will be delivered tomorrow."

Finally, I get on ebay to double check that he hadn't sent me payment via paypal. It shows no payment on the item.

Then, the next day I'm at work, and I get a phone call from a Paypal representative. She says "We're calling about the case opened up against you on ebay for a jersey?" I said "WHAT??" She says, "Yes, the customer has filed an 'Item not received, or not received as described' case against you."

Having had a prior bad experience with Paypal, I was in NO MOOD for this s#!t again. So, after I chuckled in her in ear, I calmly explained, with full-adjective-latent detail, what a piece of garbage company she worked for, and how DARE they stand up for a loser who filed a FALSE case against me, a guy with 100% positive feedback, for an item HE HADN'T EVEN PAID FOR YET!

She meakly says "But he has paid you, sir. Have you logged into your paypal account lately?"

This loser had made a "partial payment", seperate and away from the transaction we had together on ebay. He did this because when you make a PARTIAL PAYMENT, which we had NEVER discussed to this point, Paypal will not make the item as "Paid via Paypal" unless the entire payment is made. So he went into Paypal OUTSIDE of our transaction to pay me what he WANTED to pay, which of course has no connection to our transaction. The only way I would have known would have been if he had TOLD me what he had done, or if I had been lucky enough to haphazardly log into Paypal and check to see if I had received a payment.

to be cont.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    But is it really to the point where buyers can win the items and just pay what they want to pay, with no regard for the terms of the auction? Yes, I guess it is.
    Dan,

What's the guy's User ID? Sorry that you are having problems with the guy but the reason I am asking is because I'll be more than happy to block him from my future auctions.

If you don't want to post it here, send it to me via flaa1a@comcast.net

Jim

I will email it. I am really not into the drama, but this is one of the strangest things that has happened to me on eBay.