Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Classic eBay story!

Ok, so I just sold some stuff on eBay. I have one buyer who won two bats (two separate auctions) from me. I sent invoices for both bats individually, didn't realize the same guy won both. In my auctions, I stated shipping was $10 for the bat. This guy pays me for both bats, gives me $8 shipping total combined for both bats (I would have combined at about $12 total, but c'mon), and here's what his instructions on the paypal payment say:
    "Note:Please send out all items won soon. Please leave me positive feedback for each and every item won - Today. Please include all items numbers and your ebay seller name with shipment. Thanks,*****"

Think the buyers have become ballsier????

Re: Classic eBay story!

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    Ok, so I just sold some stuff on eBay. I have one buyer who won two bats (two separate auctions) from me. I sent invoices for both bats individually, didn't realize the same guy won both. In my auctions, I stated shipping was $10 for the bat. This guy pays me for both bats, gives me $8 shipping total combined for both bats (I would have combined at about $12 total, but c'mon), and here's what his instructions on the paypal payment say:
    "Note:Please send out all items won soon. Please leave me positive feedback for each and every item won - Today. Please include all items numbers and your ebay seller name with shipment. Thanks,*****"

Think the buyers have become ballsier????
    This is ALL Ebays fault, its all about the buyers and the sellers can go pound sand, they are driving so many sellers away.

But is it really to the point where buyers can win the items and just pay what they want to pay, with no regard for the terms of the auction? Yes, I guess it is.

Oh, iti s getting better! I emailed him stating I was confused as to where he got his total that he paid. Here is the reply:

"I believe you can mail two bats to met in one free usps priority mail triangle long tube box for $8-$10. If it is a dollar or so more, please send me a paypal payment request for 1-2$ of actual cost more to cbs1997@gmail.com and it will then be promptly paid.

Thanks,
    *****"

Now mind you, nobody said we were charging actual shipping cost here. The auction said $10 flat shipping and handling. This guy just pays what he "believe"s is the right amount to pay for actual shipping. Hey, I'm not out to make a killing on shipping, but it costs gas and time to go to the post office and to package the damn thing! Like I say, this is classic!

Banned

I was an eBay power seller with Silver status until earlier this year.

Once eBay started kicking all sellers to the curb with their constant bulls*** changes, I dramatically reduced my selling on eBay. I might list one item every 3+ months.

Morons are in charge of eBay now, and they will continue to drive others away under their current policies.

The simple fact of the matter is that the "buyer" hasn't paid you for the items. He may have put down a deposit, but he hasn't fully paid for the items.
    Therefore, until you have full payment in hand, you should be within your rights to file a non-paying bidder notice on him.
    Should be...interesting...to say the least.

I've been selling and buying on eBay for 10 years.

Send him an invoice as if he never paid you. Just invoice him for what you would reasonably expect to charge for shipping. You are within your rights to charge for shipping materials and eBay fees, too. I would have combined for about $16. Screw him.

Until he pays what you expect, no deal, and as another poster offered, file an eBay NPBA. This guy sounds like a true jackass and you should bring him down a notch. I pay $10 for light items like shirts to be shipped to me. Although I feel it's excessive, I don't assert myself like a jerk like this bidder. Good luck!

Banned

Here is the new problem if and when you file a non-payment alert - He can just click that he still wants to buy the item and the whole process stops! It is insane how this works now. I would refund the PayPal payment in full and invoice him for the combined lot with $12.00 shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    I was an eBay power seller with Silver status until earlier this year.

Once eBay started kicking all sellers to the curb with their constant bulls*** changes, I dramatically reduced my selling on eBay. I might list one item every 3+ months.

Morons are in charge of eBay now, and they will continue to drive others away under their current policies.
    Sammy,
    well said, I could not even tell you how many people I know quit selling or cut way back on the selling because of the hell with the sellers attitude and dont think the buyers have not taken notice, I am hearing more stories from sellers about non-payment and "what are you going to do to me" attitudes from buyers.......

yeah, some folks are pieces of work eh?!? but, honestly, i don't see any big problem here - the guy didn't pay you in full so you don't owe him the items. you could be a nice guy, ignore his nonsense, and simply tell him that the amount invoiced is what is due. or you could do what i would which is return his money and relist the items. fwiw ebay responds pretty quickly to this sort of thing, over the phone - just explain the sitch. at least that's been my experience.

robert