Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

Here is my 1994 Jack Del Rio game worn helmet with a photo match.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

princip - nice write up and presentation on that m155...

vikingshelmetguy - great looking helmet and nice match. however that's del rio's 1993 helmet, not 1994 helmet. the photo you included in your post is from the vikings' 1993 playoff loss to the giants, which was played in jan of '94. this is nice to know given that was the vikes' final game of the 1993 season and your helmet appears to be in the same condition as it was when it left the field that day.... btw here's another photo from that game:

robert

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    princip - nice write up and presentation on that m155...

vikingshelmetguy - great looking helmet and nice match. however that's del rio's 1993 helmet, not 1994 helmet. the photo you included in your post is from the vikings' 1993 playoff loss to the giants, which was played in jan of '94. this is nice to know given that was the vikes' final game of the 1993 season and your helmet appears to be in the same condition as it was when it left the field that day....
    Hi Aeneas01, thank you very much for sharing the additional photo of Jack Del Rio wearing the helmet I own. You are indeed correct: The helmet is in fact from the 1993 season (not 1994). For some reason 1994 stuck in my head since, as you correctly point out, the photo I have was from the January 9, 1994 Vikings v. Giants playoff game.... I have seen other photos of Del Rio from that same January 9, 1994 Vikings v. Giants game, and it appears that during the early part of the game, the red mark was not on the left horn of Del Rio's helmet (see attached photo from that same game--no red mark on the left horn), but clearly later on in that same game (when it was darker and the sun went down--see photo in my previous post) there is a red mark on the left horn--so I suspect that the red mark across the left horn occurred during that very Vikings v. Giants playoff game (probably from helmet to helmet contact with the red stripe of a Giants helmet). I found that photo matching photo on Getty Images about a year ago, before I ever learned about GUU and the value and verification enhancing importance of photo matches. When I came upon the photo revealing the red mark across the horn, I was thrilled, and I quickly paid Getty a $200+ license fee to get the opportunity to make myself a copy of that photo for my own personal use to confirm the photo match with my Del Rio helmet. This Del Rio helmet is about as good as it gets as far as modern-era game used helmets go. First, Del Rio is a pretty well-known player. And he wore leather jaw pads, which are rare for modern day players to wear. The photos I have posted don't even begin to show the significant and impressive game wear and battle scars on this helmet. And, the helmet is also autographed by Del Rio on the other side (see attached photo of the right side of the helmet). It is for sure one of the crown jewels and a top favorite of all the game used Vikings helmets in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by princip View Post
    Just finished a writeup and pics, I did on this Riddell M155 Seahawks helmet, that I saved from possible bonfire at the hands of Cohibasmoker. Thanks Jim, told you I'd put some life back into this lid.

http://www.greenglare.com/88_Seahawks_M155.html
    Hey everyone, all my Vikings Jack Del Rio helmet talk/photos have pushed M. Princip's recent posting alerting everyone to check out his outstanding write up on the Curt Warner M155 Seahawks helmet featured on his www.greenglare.com website. Check it out... An incredible helmet indeed!

Two new lids just acquired:

Steve Myer PAC 3 w/Dungard 210. Interesting fact, Steve Myer is the Seahawks first ever drafted qb(4th RND) in the team's history(1976).

Also, this 1979 Dennis Boyd. Love that Riddell 4-NJOP mask.

2007 Joey Porter helmet(aquired from a friend who played H.S. Ball with Porter in Bakersfield)

2006 Sam Adams helmet(photomatched)

Banned

Wink Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

I have this one incoming from a member of the boards that through some alumni help was able to get it from AJ. I cant wait to get it and post some more pics of it. Thanks to Justin Zwick and perlman9.

AJ Hawk signed and inscribed game used helmet from 1/3/2010 vs Arizona

Banned

Just picked up a nice Rams 1970's suspension helmet. Made by Wilson, the helmet is all-original less replaced facemask clips. I know Robert's favorite team is the Rams and I'll hold my breath until Robert gives it his thumbs up.

Have to say, this thread is looking pretty good.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Just picked up a nice Rams 1970's suspension helmet. Made by Wilson, the helmet is all-original less replaced facemask clips. I know Robert's favorite team is the Rams and I'll hold my breath until Robert gives it his thumbs up.

Have to say, this thread is looking pretty good.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
    Oops - I forgot to attach the scans.