Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

Just picked up a Paul Brown early 1950's Browns RT helmet. The outer shell is clear with a painted white center-ridge stripe while the burnt orange inner shell, was painted at the factory. The orange helmets were worn at night and the white stripe was added on or around 1952.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks to cohibasmoker I was able to attain my first game used piece, a 1966 Atlanta Falcons helmet I believe belonged to QB Dennis Clairidge. Pretty much a dream come true for this life long Falcons fan.

Wow, love both of those old school beauties. The Browns RT is so rare and one of the first 'clearshell' models ever while the Falcons gold painted striping make it pretty unique itself. Love seeing the more vintage side of the hobby like these two!

2001 Leon Lett helmet. Its a Sunflower gold helmet painted blue. Not sure why the Broncos would have used a yellow helmet???

Banned

Picked up a vintage Pro-Bowl helmet. It came without a facemask so I replaced it and it looks like it did when it left the field of play back in 1976. It is complete with a LOA from the wearer - Jim Hart

Jim

Banned

Dolphins rev speed. Just bought a VSR-4 from same guy. They were great pricing so I'm going to buy as many as he took from the team. Will get more pics if someone can help me match it. It has a green qb sticker, a bca sticker, an american flag, and warning labels.

I noticed it doesn't have a RIDDELL sticker on front slab, and it doesn't have an NFL shield. Maybe they were removed?

"Anabolicollege17," nice pick up. The paint on their helmets is amazing. I'd be curious too re why no from Riddell front bumper and rear NFL shield...maybe a practice lid? Do post pictures of the other helmet you acquired too when you get time.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

That's a really sharp looking Dolphins helmet.

Banned

thanks guys. The other should be arriving tomorrow. I'll be sure to get some nice pictures. Agree the game used paint jobs are really unique. They shine so much in person. I'll try to get a shot of how shiny they really are.

Time to "jump start" this thread. Picked up two nice gamers recently. A 2010 GU helmet of #87 Andre Caldwell formerly of the Cinn Bengals. Really nice wear evident as well as I believe I've matched to a couple of 2010 games and one in particular - 1/02/2011 vs the Ravens. The chinstrap has "87" written on it and 2010 recertification decals plus appropriately dated Riddell face mask. Pictures do not do it justice. Really pleased with this pick up.

The 2nd gamer - worn by former NY Jets Sione Pouha in the 9/1811 "Titans of New York" game vs the Jacjsonville Jaguars. Easily photomatched. Nice deep blue color with gold spec center stripe. Shows nice wear, gauges and paint transfers. Again very please with the additions.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni