Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
...vs having a relic for a current QB like Favre. Sorry Jet Lover, he is a lock, big plays in playoffs or not.
LOL, way to make it personal hater . How did this become about Favre or the Jets? Sure, Witten projected out will have some nice numbers and a shot at the Hall as MANY players in the league would. But 5 years a HOF career does not make (a lot of things can happen on the back end of a career - just ask Terrell Davis) and you wrote he IS a HOFer. I simply said there is much work to be done for him and big games in which he needs to put his signature on, ala Kellen Winslow. I know how it is when you have a collection piece and want it to be a grand a possible.

Anyhow, you want a true Jets lover? How about some props for Mickey Shuler who amassed over 5,000 career receiving yards, 460+ receptions, and 37 TD's in his 14 year career. A two time Pro Bowler and was the best pass catching tight end in the league during the prime of his career. I'd put him in but I admit I am extremely biased. I would put in the entire 1968 Championship team, Joe Klecko, Mark Gastineau, Curtis Martin (who should be a lock) so on and so on. Good think I don't work for the HOF cuz that place would be draped in green and white. But I have my own Jets HOF, just no induction ceremonies