Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDubbs73
    • Dec 2011

Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

Congrats Bagbig! Another beauty. Was it a recent acquisition? I recall seeing it sell once before sometime back.

Comment

• bagbig
      • Feb 2006

Thanks!!! Yeah, I recently picked it up. It sold in a American Memorabilia years ago.

Comment

• JDubbs73
        • Dec 2011

Lane, shoot me an email when you have a minute. Quick question for you. Thanks.

Comment

• tom1315
          • Mar 2008

Picked up a 2009 game worn helmet of New England Patriots CB Leigh Bodden. Gamers from the Patriots are tough to locate. This one has a 2008 recertification sticker, Riddell July 2005 shell manufacture date and Schutt mask dated December 2008. Two top facemask clips dated 01/07. Nice use on the shell and facemask. I think I've matched to several games in 2009 versus the Jets and others…need to do some more homework…but a really nice addition to my growing NFL gamers.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni
          Attached Files

Comment

• sjsinohio
            • Sep 2010

HND-9 Rawlings Ridge Helmet

I came across this HND-9 Rawlings Ridge helmet a while back and the seller said it may have been used by the Raiders at one time but he couldn't say for sure. I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than me could verify if any Raider actually wore a Rawlings Ridge helmet. It is a large helmet (7 5/8 - 7 3/4) and it looks like the decal residue on the side of the helmet is shaped like the Raiders decal.
            Attached Files

Comment

• yosef777
              • Apr 2009

Great, rare helmet! I am not familiar with a specific player wearing a Rawlings Ridge but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Most players in that era wore Riddells but I know Ken Stabler wore Wilson and soon thereafter some players wore Bike. The Ridges were in production from 1977 thru 1978, you should see a date stamp on the back of the helmet outside shell. I would google Getty for Raider images during 1977 thru 1980ish. BTW, the mask is probably not appropriate as the double wire Schutt masks didn't appear until the the early 1980's but again you never know maybe somebody wanted to update their favorite helmet.

Comment

• EA884
                • Sep 2012

Yosef, just out of curiosity, what did the manufacturers such as Schutt find in the double wire facemask design that they felt the need to produce them? I assume it would be for added strength but I was hoping you could shed some light on this. Also, any history on how they came up with the designs for today's facemasks?

Comment

• yosef777
                  • Apr 2009

I am not sure why Schutt went to the double wire mask. I assume, as you did, it was for more strength and protection.
                  As far as the modern mask designs it would be a combination of reducing the weight of the mask and increasing protection as well as improving safety (reducing concussions). Many of the new mask designs extend further onto the helmet shell, which in theory allows the mask to absorb some of the impact from the helmet shell (skull and brain) and therefore reducing concussions.

Comment

• perlman9
                    • Dec 2007

2007 Brandon Lloyd Washington Redskins Throwback with Redskins and JO COAs. Great helmet but got in hopes of future trade bait for former Spartan alumni helmet.

Jason Perlman
                    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• perlman9
                      • Dec 2007

2007 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jamie Winborn with Training Pass

Jason Perlman
                      jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• tom1315
                        • Mar 2008

Safety Shiloh Keo's 2012 and possibly 2013 game worn Texans helmet. He joined the Texans in 2011 and has played in 10 games in 2011 and all 16 in years 12 and 13. Shows nice wear and will try to photo-match. Helmet manufactured Feb 2011 and Riddell mask date 8/11. Enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 grad…PS..my Pack is making a run in the ACC Tournament….GOOOOO PACCKK!!!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• War Helmets
                          • Feb 2014

Giving this thread a much needed bump as this is what I collect.I'm going to post a pic of my GU NFL helmet collection tomorrow.Lets see those lids guys

Comment

• War Helmets
                            • Feb 2014

My game used helmets
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Buccaneer Madden
                              • Sep 2014

Ok, this time I'll put this in the CORRECT thread.

My 2003 Torri Cox game used. It has some good marks but I doubt I could photo match it since he only played in a couple preseason games in 2003 before tearing his ACL. He did play a lot on 2004 so if they never changed the date sticker inside it could be from 2004 as well. I'd love to get a Buccaneer Bruce one someday but I hear those are rather tough to find especially since I would want to know exactly who wore it.

Comment

• EA884
                                • Sep 2012

My Dallas Cowboys game used helmet collection.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...