Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helmets
    • Mar 2008

Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

I haven't seen any posts on GU NFL helmets. My apologies if I have missed one.

Future HOF Jason Witten 2006 Throwback - XL Schutt Air Advantage with T-ROPO-DW mask.
    Attached Files
    Buying game used helmets of Packers - all eras as well as game used helmets of HOFers or future HOFers.
  • princip
    • Dec 2006

Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

Nice Witten throwback! Thanks for this thread.

Here are two of my favorites, in my collection:

Jim Zorn 1976-77 Riddell PAC 3 KRA-Lite II Shell Date Coded 01-76

Lofa Tatupu 2005 Rookie Riddell Revolution Helmet - Super Bowl Season

More pics can be seen here: http://www.greenglare.com/
    www.greenxoblue.com

Comment

• nyjetsfan14
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by helmets
      Future HOF Jason Witten...
      Whoa...we're putting Witten in Canton already??? I mean it is a neat helmet but maybe we should wait until he makes a big play in a playoff game (one they actually win) before we give him the jacket...

Comment

• SkubeBats
        Banned
        • May 2006

Hello,
        This is the only game used football helmet I have in my collection. It's a game used Packers helmet from March 1968 (sticker inside helmet reads L3 68). The Packers emblem is a 2 piece sticker white on green. I was told it was used by Boyd Dowler it has his name in black marker inside helmet and Dowler autographed it on the outside. It show game use with many scuff and nicks on the outside. Hope you enjoy seeing this game used helmet. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.
        Thanks,
        Jamie
        jlschultz180@wi.rr.com
        Attached Files

Comment

• princip
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by SkubeBats
          Hello,
          This is the only game used football helmet I have in my collection. It's a game used Packers helmet from March 1968 (sticker inside helmet reads L3 68). The Packers emblem is a 2 piece sticker white on green. I was told it was used by Boyd Dowler it has his name in black marker inside helmet and Dowler autographed it on the outside. It show game use with many scuff and nicks on the outside. Hope you enjoy seeing this game used helmet. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.
          Thanks,
          Jamie
          jlschultz180@wi.rr.com
          Thanks jamie. I never realized the Pack used double layered decals back in the day. Very nice helmet there.
          www.greenxoblue.com

Comment

• aeneas01
            • May 2007

here are some photos posted by guu members in other threads - some real beauties...

drj:

rkgibson:

jake51:

gridman80:

robert

Comment

• aeneas01
              • May 2007

continued:

barry-debi:

beantown:

commando:

jdr3:

jayt1234:

eric:

robert

Comment

• princip
                • Dec 2006

I have detailed pics of this game worn Don Testerman TAK 29 Seahawks helmet shown in this pic. at my website:

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/principm/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]
                www.greenxoblue.com

Comment

• aeneas01
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by princip
                  I have detailed pics of this game worn Don Testerman TAK 29 Seahawks helmet shown in this pic. at my website:

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/principm/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]
                  i've visited your website before - you have some photos of some great looking seahawks gamers! but the link you provided above to your site doesn't work...
                  robert

Comment

• aeneas01
                    • May 2007

this is your site, right? great stuff featured...

Buy greenglare.com. Brandable domain names for sale. Find your perfect brand

robert

Comment

• princip
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by aeneas01
                      this is your site, right? great stuff featured...

Buy greenglare.com. Brandable domain names for sale. Find your perfect brand

Yep, that's it. Thanks!
                      www.greenxoblue.com

Comment

• helmets
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by nyjetsfan14
                        Whoa...we're putting Witten in Canton already??? I mean it is a neat helmet but maybe we should wait until he makes a big play in a playoff game (one they actually win) before we give him the jacket...
                        I was wondering how many would question my wording. I don't much like the Cowboys, but let's face it - he is a lock if he stays healthy. Playoffs don't really matter when it comes to the Hall of Fame. How many big plays did Charlie Sanders make in the playoffs? Here is a rundown on all of the HOF Tight Ends.

Dave Casper 9yr.....378rec.....5,216yds..... 52TD
                        Mike Ditka 12..... 427.....5,812.....43
                        John Mackey 10.....331.....5,236.....38
                        Ozzie Newsome 13.....662.....7,980.....47
                        Charlie Sanders 10.....336.....4,817.....31
                        Kellen Winslow 9.....541.....6,741.....45
                        Jackie Smith 16.....480.....7,918.....40

It should be noted that Smith caught a total of 20 passes combined in his last 4 years.

Witten has played 5 1/2 years. His stats look like this

He has more receptions than Sanders, Mackey, and Casper, and will pass Ditka by the end of the year.

If he plays 10 years, and stays healthy, his statistics should be around the following:

More receptions and yards than any of them that are currently in the Hall of Fame. That is just over a 10 year career. With Romo under center, he is likely to maintain those numbers if he stays healthy, vs having a relic for a current QB like Favre. Sorry Jet Lover, he is a lock, big plays in playoffs or not.

Give him the jacket...
                        Buying game used helmets of Packers - all eras as well as game used helmets of HOFers or future HOFers.

Comment

• shoremen44
                          • Jul 2007

The game is different than when most of those tight ends played... o be a hall of famer to me you have to be dominant and at least at times the best and/or the most feared player on the field...

Witten is a good and maybe great tight end, but he is not head and shoulders above the rest...

I dont think he is going to catch Gonzalez... 12 ys... 853 rec... 10251yds... 73 TD

and isnt putting up the numbers of Gates... 6 yrs... 370 rec... 4765... 48 TD

He has had a great run so far and if he stays healthy and on a good passing team he has a chance, but to give out the jacket after 5 years is linsane... Football is simply too tough a game
                          Bert
                          ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

• orioles03
                            • Dec 2005

i would say say looking at todd heaps numbers if he would have been healthy and had a qb he would be hof worthy.you also have to remember he played with shannon sharpe his rookie year so he learned from the best sorry to go off topic just my 2 cents
                            orioles03@comcast.net

Comment

• nyjetsfan14
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by helmets
                              ...vs having a relic for a current QB like Favre. Sorry Jet Lover, he is a lock, big plays in playoffs or not.
                              LOL, way to make it personal hater . How did this become about Favre or the Jets? Sure, Witten projected out will have some nice numbers and a shot at the Hall as MANY players in the league would. But 5 years a HOF career does not make (a lot of things can happen on the back end of a career - just ask Terrell Davis) and you wrote he IS a HOFer. I simply said there is much work to be done for him and big games in which he needs to put his signature on, ala Kellen Winslow. I know how it is when you have a collection piece and want it to be a grand a possible.

Anyhow, you want a true Jets lover? How about some props for Mickey Shuler who amassed over 5,000 career receiving yards, 460+ receptions, and 37 TD's in his 14 year career. A two time Pro Bowler and was the best pass catching tight end in the league during the prime of his career. I'd put him in but I admit I am extremely biased. I would put in the entire 1968 Championship team, Joe Klecko, Mark Gastineau, Curtis Martin (who should be a lock) so on and so on. Good think I don't work for the HOF cuz that place would be draped in green and white. But I have my own Jets HOF, just no induction ceremonies

Comment

Working...