Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justin Morneau

Justin Morneau

Could anyone help me with this. Does anyone know if Justin Morneau ever uses bats in a game without the handle being taped? in particular, a L.S....Thanks

Re: Justin Morneau

As Justin's batboy, I can almost 100% guarantee that he never used a LS much less one that wasn't taped on the handle. Sometimes bat companies send bats to a player in hopes that they sign a contract with them. Those bats sometimes get used by other teammates. Hope that helps.
    Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

To correct Adam, Justin used a P320M LVS in June this year while the team was in Colorado. However, they all have taped handles and pine tar around the label. You can find some photos on Getty and I have some from my friend that show this (I'd be happy to post them if they would help you). There have been a lot of non-taped Morneau's going around (Taube's site had one that just sold). They do not fit what in seen in the pics. To Adam's defense, Justin only used a LVS at home on Mother's Day (a pink bat). Be careful...if you're buying a Morneau bat, make sure it matches his tape and tar pattern. Hope this helps.

Mike

Always looking to add to my Don Mattingly and Justin Morneau GU bat collection!!!

Banned

as the Twins BatBoy he should know this shouldn't he LOL

I didnt find this, so I cant take credit for doing so....

In Adam's defense, he is the batboy for home games. Morneau only used this bat for 1 road series in 2008. Here are a few more pics, including the tape. If anyone has one of these bats, I'd be very interested in purchasing one. I've only seen 1 for sale at the Twins Pro Shop and it was in 2 pieces (and they still wanted $350 ).

Mike

Justbaseball,
    One more thing to answer your question. Justin also ordered a LVS C243 (and one other model according to BMH) in 2004. According to Justin himself, he never used them in a game. However, I did find a photo on Getty with him using one (untaped) in Spring Training in 2004. I truly hope this helps you.

Best wishes,
    Mike

Thanks guys for all the info, it sure will help. one last thing that i would like to pass on is, i know of a person who has a bat that was suppose to have been used in the 2007 all star game by Justin. Problem is that the bat is a Rawlings shows signs of tape on the handle at one point and shows good use.his name is on the barrel, knob stamped with AS, model,etc. what do ya'll think about this one?

Justin used a BWP in the 2007 AS game. It may have been a BP bat, but, even then, I doubt it. Justin used Rawlings for a brief time in 2006. Send me a pic to dixey2044@msn.com and I'll give you my opinion. I think he gave all of his 2007 AS stuff to his Dad since it was his first AS game. I'm glad the info. was helpful.

Best wishes,
    Mike

Back in July the Twins Pro Shop near Ridgedale had a Morneau LS which was properly taped and in one piece. The price was $500.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.