Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2008 World Series

No one has mentioned the fact that the Phillies are the 2008 World Champs?? It really was the lamest World Series ever, wasnt it? I flicked to it a couple of times, but it was un-watchable. The Rays didnt even show up. They were not the same team that finished in first place in the AL East and beat both Soxes. Go 2009 Yankees ! ! !

Re: 2008 World Series

I am a Red Sox fan and I did not like what they did to the Red Sox in the playoffs. However, I do give the Rays a lot of credit in 2008, considering they were in last place in 2007.

Unwatchable?

I am an Orioles fan first, but the World Series featured alot of great pitching, and some pretty crazy plays and moments...

it was the closest 4 to 1 series I can remember...

and as far as the last game goes... how many times do you get to debate strategy for a day in the middle of a game?

I thought it was a great series...

I would have loved to see the O's vs the Cards... but it weas entertaining
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Something needs to be done to move the series closer to October than November. Forty degree drizzly weather is not the way baseball should be played. Any ideas? One might be to have some scheduled double headers during the year. Back in the 50's and 60's teams often had double headers scheduled on weekends. It might lose some revenue, but would shorten the regular season. Just one thought. Anybody got any others?

Banned

I compared the World Series to last year's when an amazing finish by The Colorado Rockies brought them to play an experienced Red Sox team. The difference this year is that Tampa Bay dominated the American League all year long, but overall I expected Philadelphia to win easily just as Boston did a season prior.

I watched some of the series. I really didn't care who won. It was nice to see different teams. Maybe some year my Pirate's will get there(lol). I think the spring training should be shorter or make the spring training games count. Seems like baseball is all year long(lol) with fall & winter leagues playing. I guess good for us game used bat collector's.
    Mike
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

I watched most of it.

I had hoped the Rays would win because quite honestly, they earned it. I wanted the Phils to lose because they and the Nats always battle. As a Yankee fan and having lived through the Yankees/Red Sox wars since 1976, I can honestly say that the Phillies fans in attendance were the most low class/no class bunch I've ever seen. Poor sportsmanship on their part. The boos I heard on tv were horrible. Too bad the Phils didnt botch this one because thats what their boorish fans deserved.

Being a Phillies fan it was a great feeling last night . I got my Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News this morning along with some of the other newspapers . It was nice that I could actually watch the ending and see some of the post game stuff on the Philadelphia stations.

My biggest complaint is that these games start to late. They should move these up to at least an 8:00pm start time and preferably 7:37pm, which is an hour earlier than what it is right now. If you were on the East Coast, Game 3 lasted until just before 2AM. I could not watch some of the games due to my work schedule and late start times .

This win I figured will cost me over $200 easily in just World Series Phllies shirts, hats, collectibles, etc. and I already spent over $100 on the NL win.

EXCUSE ME? Unwatchable? That was the best world series EVAAA LETS GO PHILLIESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great series...... I am glad the Phillies won in a way cause they have not won since 1980......

I am glad the Devil Rays just made it to the The Big Show......

They are still the 2008 American League Champions!

The opposing teams were booed at both stadiums, so I am not sure why the Phillies fans are being labeled as rude????

The Devil Rays were just drained from the 7 game ALCS.....