Clear All
  • HENMICK44
    • Mar 2008

Arod Or Jeter

What is more expensive Jeter,or Arod items? HENMICK44@OPTONLINE.NET
  • jetersbatboy
    • Jun 2008

Re: Arod Or Jeter

Steiner, make Jeter items far more costly.

Comment

• bigtruck260
      • Sep 2007

Henmick -

The search function in this forum would really benefit you...most of the questions you have been asking can be answered with very little research. You can also browse eBay for current sale prices - as well as completed auctions.

That being said, after doing a little research, I found that A-Rod bats seem to be more plentiful...and although his milestones are creating inflated prices right now - Jeter stuff is slightly higher...without the milestones. The demand created by Yankee fans with deep pockets and a need for provenance is simply amazing. I have also noticed that Jeter bats are 99% cracked and many are simply battered to He!!.
      Dave
      Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
      River City Redbird Authentics
      http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• HENMICK44
        • Mar 2008

Alot Of People I Talk To That Have Dealings With Arod Say He's A #@$% , Can Anyone Confirm.jeter Seems To Be A Genuine Guy But I've Seen Them Both Including Alot Of Other Yankees(not All) Mariano,and Damon I Know Are Really Good Guys Couldn't Be Bothered By Request From Fans(autos,pics,etc). I Remember The Yankees Of The 90's(tino,oneill,brosius,bernie,wells,cone) Always Taking A Break To Make Fans Happy-not So Much Anymore.i Know Its Off The Subject But What Do You Guys Think-yankees Or Others?

Comment

• karamaxjoe
          • Nov 2005

Can't this forum go at least one day without mentioning Arod? I believe baseball has about 700 current other guys you can collect and not to mention a full encyclopedia of former guys begging to be collected.

That being said, one guy has four rings and the other guy has zip. I'm pretty sure who's bat I'd rather have.
          Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
          ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by karamaxjoe
            Can't this forum go at least one day without mentioning Arod? I believe baseball has about 700 current other guys you can collect and not to mention a full encyclopedia of former guys begging to be collected.

That being said, one guy has four rings and the other guy has zip. I'm pretty sure who's bat I'd rather have.
            A team wins a World Series, not one player

Funny you say who's bat. Compare Arod and Jeters career numbers
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• karamaxjoe
              • Nov 2005

Hey Tony,
              You might say that's my non east coast bias showing through on the forum. Arod's a great player and he'll have the best career numbers, that's a given. He's also become the tabloid king of baseball. Jason Varitek just got a divorce also and you barely heard anything about it. Also, if you type arod into the forum search engine, he's mentioned nearly every single day. I guess that's a true guage of how much he's ingrained into this forum.

Until he leads his team to a championship, his career will be defined by that. He's got about 8 to 10 years left and I suspect he'll find a way to get a ring.

With that being said, if someone offered me a free Jeter or Arod bat, I'd take the Jeter since his legacy is already written in stone.
              Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
              ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• AWA85
                • Jan 2008

I would take the AROD bat , but that is just me. ARODS numbers will just be unthinkable when he is all done.
                Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                  • Jun 2008

Speaking as a Yankees fan, rather then a Jeter. Derek is the far more disierable player. They numbers fall with Arod, but history is with Jeter. As a child all Jeter wanted to do is play for the Yankees. He has bin a Yankee from day one, he is the captin, has four rings and has proven to be winner.

Comment

• 3arod13
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by jetersbatboy
                    Speaking as a Yankees fan, rather then a Jeter. Derek is the far more disierable player. They numbers fall with Arod, but history is with Jeter. As a child all Jeter wanted to do is play for the Yankees. He has bin a Yankee from day one, he is the captin, has four rings and has proven to be winner.
                    Having rings doesn't make you a proven or great player. There are many players with 3 and 4 rings (basketball, baseball, etc.) who were just on good teams. Some of them won't even get into the hall of fame with those rings.

I like Jeter. I just believe if he never played for the Yankees, he would be considered just an average shortstop, based on his career numbers.

Just my opinion.

Regards, Tony
                    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                      • Jun 2008

In all Pro sports winning is everything, having great career numbers is nice but if you dont have a ring you have accomplished nothing. All athletes play for one thing to be the best not in the sense of numbers but championships. your comment about if Jeter played for another team besides the yankees he would be average, maybe, but he doesn't. If your thinking on this is correct Bill Russell would be a just above a avg. NBA center. His carer numbers are avg. a .440 Fg%, a .561 FT% 15.1 Pts per game. But he a winner 11 rings say's it all. He maybe there greatest team player in any sport. Jeter is a team player who help teams win. IMHO

Comment

• kellsox
                        • Jan 2006

AROD=the Dan Marino of MLB. All #s, no rings.
                        Jeter is far from an "average shortstop" even if he played for another team.
                        .315 career average and 2500+ hits?

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                          • Jun 2008

Jeter's post season numbers,
                          48 RBI's 17 HR .308 BA.

post season stats with Arod as a Yankee

16 RBI's 4 HR .297 BA.

Arod's post season numbers
                          17 RBI's 7 HR .279 BA.

Arod post season numbers as a Yankee

9 RBI's 4HR .244 BA.

Comment

• joelsabi
                            • Aug 2005

playing for the bling bling
                            Attached Files
                            Regards,
                            Joel S.
                            joelsabi @ gmail.com
                            Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• Bondsgloves
                              • Aug 2007

I think this all comes down to supply and demand.

AROD flooded the market with game used bats, at anytime you can find an AROD bat for sale. Jeter's bats are a little more scarce. The volume of AROD backs on the market are a joke.

No doubt AROD is a much better player than Jeter, end of discussion. Jeter has played his entire career in New York and has had a ton of media attention. Jeter had the benfit of being in a lineup of good players. Put Jeter on any other team, he's just a good ballplayer not a great ballplayer.

Comment

Working...