Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Ray Nitschke Helmet...

Aeneas
    Can I borrow $375? I always wanted a helmet like Nitschke wore...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140279231003

Banned

Re: Ray Nitschke Helmet...

Given the guy's userid and volume of transactions, hard top believe he wouldn't know what Nitschke wore. And this ain't even close.

I get the sarcasm of the original post - this isn't even a game helmet; it's a replica from the late 1980s/erly 1990s. You can see the fake padding foam glued in the helmet and one of the million late 80s plastic face masks Riddell evidently has stashed in their warehouse. Worth maybe $50 - at least I think that's what they went for new; the current replicas have more realistic fake padding and metal facemasks. Maybe more with an autograph.

Yes, the ebayer should know better and is looking for a quick buck from someone who knows squat about helmets.

It would be cool to find a real Nitschke, particularly one with a cow-catcher face mask.

Quote Originally Posted by John in KY View Post
    It would be cool to find a real Nitschke, particularly one with a cow-catcher face mask.
    like this late '50s nitschke gamer from the green bay packer's hall of fame?

here's another nitschke gamer from the packers hall of fame - however i have never seen a photo of nitschke sporting a rawlings, he was a riddell man. perhaps he donned a rawlings during the final years of his career - for some reason photos of nitschke from '71 & '72, his final two years in the league, seem to be rare.

robert

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    Aeneas, Can I borrow $375? I always wanted a helmet like Nitschke wore...
    the $375 is yours - just keep in mind that we split the profit when you flip it! heck, if a "trojan" unitas "gamer" can fetch $10k on ebay, i'm thinking the nitschke lid can be flipped for at least $5k-$8k...

robert

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    the $375 is yours - just keep in mind that we split the profit when you flip it! heck, if a "trojan" unitas "gamer" can fetch $10k on ebay, i'm thinking the nitschke lid can be flipped for at least $5k-$8k...

We would need a letter from Lou...