Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kid4hof03
    • Nov 2005

Re: Finally Got One of My Grail Items - Percival Jersey/Pants

Wow Rob, you've been busy! Congratulations on more great pieces.

Abe

Comment

• dcgreg25
      • Jan 2008

Rob, thats pretty impressive picking up four jerseys from four different teams in two months. Hopefully they continue to roll in for you!!

Comment

• markize
        • Apr 2008

rob,

just heads up.....grey flannel auctions has an auction comming up with a percival jersey. i just got their email today with the preview.

mark

Comment

• Rob L
          • Nov 2005

Thanks guys! It's been an amazing couple of months. He has been my favorite player for years and I have never been able to get any of his GU items. It seems to be raining of late.

Mark, thanks for the headsup. I may have to register with them. Is it an Angels jersey that they have coming up? If so, I'm not to confident in being able to pick it up as I always seem to lose out to another Angels collector.

Take care.
          Rob L
          loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• markize
            • Apr 2008

Rob,

I can't say for sure, but it may have been the Angels. I'm not in front of the computer now, and my phone won't open the page so I will foward you the email I received. Hope it helps.

Mark

Comment

• Rob L
              • Nov 2005

Picked up a 1999 All Star game jersey. Finally an Angels jersey:
              Attached Files
              Rob L
              loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• Rob L
                • Nov 2005

Picked up another Percy Tigers road jersey from 2005 with Tigers LOA. The jersey was originally issued for Spring Training and then converted to regular season (when the All Star Patch was applied). Not sure if there are many of his Tigers jerseys left since this is number 4 for me
                Attached Files
                Rob L
                loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• Rob L
                  • Nov 2005

Just picked up Percy's Rookie Season Spring Training and/or Warmup jersey. The collection is growing nicely!!!
                  Attached Files
                  Rob L
                  loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• Rob L
                    • Nov 2005

It's been a while but Jake and his cohort have added a great piece to my Troy Percival collection. Thanks guys.

This is an April 15, 2009 Jackie Robinson Day jersey. Troy pitched and Jeter had a game winning hit. It was Percival's last career loss. The jersey shows a ton of use for one game. Many stains which seems to be common with Percival.

The right sleeve has picked piping, ala Vlad. The screen shots are from a highlight of MLB TV. I can't get the game for some reason (keeps coming up with an error). Can anyone help with a screen shot from the game that shows the right sleeve? Thanks.
                    Attached Files
                    Rob L
                    loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• Tallyman77
                      • Mar 2009

Hi Rob......Way to go on getting that much wanted Percival Jersey. It may not be very long until I get what I have been working on.......remember?

Thanks,

-Walt

Evergreen7777@att.net

Comment

• jake33
                        • Nov 2005

Believe me, i have been trying to locate any other Percival jerseys from the Rays for 2+ years now, just haven't had much luck at all. New logo Rays gear has been easier to get, but 2008-2010 game sued regualr style rays items, remain tough to find.

The dark navy blue style rays jerseys, now have become the most difficult to run down, only 1-2 legit ones have hit the market.

Comment

• Rob L
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by jake33
                          Believe me, i have been trying to locate any other Percival jerseys from the Rays for 2+ years now, just haven't had much luck at all. New logo Rays gear has been easier to get, but 2008-2010 game sued regualr style rays items, remain tough to find.

The dark navy blue style rays jerseys, now have become the most difficult to run down, only 1-2 legit ones have hit the market.
                          I have to give much props to Jake who has been working the Rays for me for a couple of years to try and find other Percival jerseys for me. I very much appreciate it. According to what Jake has found out, this is very likely the last Percival jersey tat the team had! Thanks again Jake!
                          Rob L
                          loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• jake33
                            • Nov 2005

No problem, glad I could help. I know the Rays autehnticated his ALCS lockerplate from 2008, but not a single one has hit the market from the team, the rays claim they dont have any of them, but I looked through the MLB database and it exists somewhere.

Comment

• Rob L
                              • Nov 2005

It's been a while since I was able to pick up any Percy items. Jake scored for me last month and I just picked up another jersey yesterday. I got a headsup from a member and was able to negotiate a price. Happy days are here again!!
                              Attached Files
                              Rob L
                              loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• Dolphinsuperbowl55
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2011

Rob congrats on a Grail pickup. It's always cool when you come across one. The best part is the search, and opening up that box when it comes in the mail. Its a beautiful jersey. The number font is so cool. Congrats again mate.

-Micky

Comment

Working...