X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob L
    • Nov 2005

Re: Finally Got One of My Grail Items - Percival Jersey/Pants

Originally posted by Dolphinsuperbowl55
    Rob congrats on a Grail pickup. It's always cool when you come across one. The best part is the search, and opening up that box when it comes in the mail. Its a beautiful jersey. The number font is so cool. Congrats again mate.

-Micky
    Thanks Micky. I agree, waiting for the box is like Christmas!! I can't wait for it to arrive!

Take care,
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• Rob L
      • Nov 2005

My first "Stadium Used" item - a Troy Percival Canvas that was displayed at Tropicana Field. I recieved an email from a guy who owned this and wanted to send it to me for free since I collected Troy Percival - an awesome gesture. So, here it is!!
      Attached Files
      Rob L
      loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• joelsabi
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Rob L
        My first "Stadium Used" item - a Troy Percival Canvas that was displayed at Tropicana Field. I recieved an email from a guy who owned this and wanted to send it to me for free since I collected Troy Percival - an awesome gesture. So, here it is!!
        very cool. how did he know about you? through your website or through here?
        Regards,
        Joel S.
        joelsabi @ gmail.com
        Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• Rob L
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by joelsabi
          very cool. how did he know about you? through your website or through here?
          Hi Joel,

I first touched base with him when he had a Percy GU Rays jersey on eBay (I did send him the link to my wesite).I was interested and planned on bidding. I heard from Jake Jahimak regarding the jersey. Jake has scored me a few great pieces for my collection even though he was a big Percy fan. He indicated he was interested in picking up a Percival
          jersey so I didn't bid. Jake did win (turned out to be an awesome jersey at a steal of a price).

The seller indicated he had a stadium canvas that he would've interested in moving. I told him that it sounded cool but couldn't pick it up. He told me it was gratis because he wanted it to go to a true Percival fan. A very cool thing to do. So a few weeks later, it arrived and I'm thrilled!

BTW, sorry for the sideways photo. It previewed vertically.
          Rob L
          loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• chakes89
            • May 2006

That is awesome! Congrats on the sweet pick-up!
            I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• Rob L
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by chakes89
              That is awesome! Congrats on the sweet pick-up!
              Thanks. Now I have to have it stretched and mounted. Anyone know if Aaron Bros does this?
              Rob L
              loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• Rob L
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Rob L
                Thanks. Now I have to have it stretched and mounted. Anyone know if Aaron Bros does this?
                LOL. 5 minutes after posting this, I checked eBay and Jake had the Rays jersey for sale. Another Rays jersey is on the way!!
                Rob L
                loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• gingi79
                  • Aug 2007

Rob, as a player collector reading this thread is what we all wish would happen in our collections. It seemed like over the last 3 years like clockwork rare and awesome jerseys joined your collection. Color me jealous and congrats.
                  Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• Rob L
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by gingi79
                    Rob, as a player collector reading this thread is what we all wish would happen in our collections. It seemed like over the last 3 years like clockwork rare and awesome jerseys joined your collection. Color me jealous and congrats.
                    Thanks. It's been a nice ride. This is the latest that I again, picked up from Jake - a home 2008 Rays Troy Percival jersey.
                    Attached Files
                    Rob L
                    loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• jppopma
                      • Mar 2006

Congrats again Rob! As a fellow player collector, I have branched out to other local kids to ease the hunt. Still alot of work and the chase is what makes it so much more fun.

Comment

• Rob L
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by jppopma
                        Congrats again Rob! As a fellow player collector, I have branched out to other local kids to ease the hunt. Still alot of work and the chase is what makes it so much more fun.
                        Thanks!! As time goes on, I am becoming less interested in halving to pick up something. I'm starting to sell some items off and patiently waiting for Percival items to show up. But, oh, when I see Trout items show up!! Lol.
                        Rob L
                        loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• Rob L
                          • Nov 2005

Thanks to Jim Lewis, I picked up another 2008 Rays Home Jersey. A 2008 Rays Road Jersey may be in the cards next!!
                          Attached Files
                          Rob L
                          loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• Rob L
                            • Nov 2005

Sweet. Thanks to Jim Lewis for the Home Jersey that arrived yesterday and now to Jake Jahmiak for the Road Jersey WS jersey that arrived today. When it rains, it pours!!!
                            Attached Files
                            Rob L
                            loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• Rob L
                              • Nov 2005

Huge Props to Jake Jahimiak for setting me up again. Jake was able to land Percival 2009 home, road and alternate jerseys at the National. This has just got to be about the last of Percival's Rays stuff out there.

Thanks again Jake!!!
                              Attached Files
                              Rob L
                              loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

• Rob L
                                • Nov 2005

Hey all, been a while.

Very quiet on the Percival front until last week. First was a 2001 Away jersey from post 9-11. It was sold as team issued, however, I found a photo from 9/24/2001 and pinstripes were solidly matching. When it arrived, there was piling under the pitching sleeve. It was definitely used!!

A couple of days later, I was offered a 1999 Spring Training jersey. When it rains, it pours.

BTW, for those that may have noticed, my website had been frozen for over a year. Finally got things straightened out with Webs.com so it should be up and running again!
                                Attached Files
                                Rob L
                                loefflerrd@cox.net

Comment

Working...